Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car stereos

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about car stareos. Im thinking about getting a Sony CDX-8805 or a Panasonic CQ-C8400.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these two, or if they knew of a similar or better model thats also around $300CDN / $250USD.

Thanks!
    Edit; I'm leaning towards the panasonic one atm!

I've always thought the best Car stereo brands are (in no particular order) Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer & Sony. I'm very happy with my Pioneer unit.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

All the Alpine and Kenwood ones I *REALLY* liked were too much money. 500+ Just seems like too much.

The only thing I didn't like about the Sony model was the face plate doesn't detach.

Is that important? My car has no security system other than the locks on the doors, and I'm not going to have the car much more than 2 years (its a 1990 Oldsmobile Nintey-Eight Touring Sedan, something like a persons grandparents may drive! And since my grandparents DID own it for the last 14 years, its in perfect condition still)

I'm looking to move up to a Nissan Murano eventually, so I didn't want to spend ALOT on security for this car.

Comment

Wow even the cheap ones have detatchable faces now.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Yeah, theres 99$ ones that detach even. The Sony CDX-8805 model has one of those motorized fronts that flip around and drop down. I'd rather have it detachable.

Comment

maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with the factory units?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
              Nothing at all! But this car's factory unit is from 1990...Though it looks MUCH older, its HUGE (you could probably put 2 of today's sized stereos into its slot) and it's rather ugly, and doesnt even have a CD player!

I've been using my MiniDisc player and a car adapter, but Id like to be able to just use MP3 cds. Plus the cassette (which I put the Minidisc adapter into) doesn't always eject. Sometimes you hit the button and nothing happens like 60% of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                Originally posted by kcmh
                Nothing at all! But this car's factory unit is from 1990...Though it looks MUCH older, its HUGE (you could probably put 2 of today's sized stereos into its slot) and it's rather ugly, and doesnt even have a CD player!
                Gotta love the double DINs dont ya? I feel ya. I have an Alpine in my Wrangler and my dad has a Pioneer in his. If Alpine or Pioneer dont work for you, try Blaupunkt. They make some really good stuff.
                It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by AEagle40
                  Gotta love the double DINs dont ya? I feel ya. I have an Alpine in my Wrangler and my dad has a Pioneer in his. If Alpine or Pioneer dont work for you, try Blaupunkt. They make some really good stuff.
                  I've never heard of Blaupunkt, I'll look for some product pages and check out some reviews on them. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X