No announcement yet.

The "in" Ride where you live...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickups and normal/economy sedans. The number of Jeeps and other SUVs have gradually been replacing the sedans around here though...
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

We have a mix of everything.

You have the 'rural' people who have the pick-ups. And then you have the 'urban' people who have the sportier cars and SUVs. There's not really one dominate thing.

We have a lot of people who have the SUVs for status symbols only.

Also, I haven't seen too many Hummers around here.
      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaRules
        Mostly bad examples of Rice Rockets (what JJR was talking about), Pickup trucks, and Pontiac Sunfires are the things I see frequently around here. Other than that, it's Fords/Dodges/Chevies, etc, with a few Mercedes-Benzes & BMWs mixed in.

DeltaRules
        Pretty much the same deal up here in Erie...only there are a little more than a few Mercs and Beemers! Luxury vehicles are getting a little more common as the economy up here grows.

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi
        Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Its kinda funny when I have to drive one of the customers cars onto the ramp or under the canopy..... Ill never get over the time when I got into a Range ROver and started it up....... I was Mashing on the brake pedal cause I could fell I was moving, but couldnt figure it out.....then I realised I was going up.... The airbags had been deflated (suspension bags) for a few weeks, so it was a little rickety on its way up..... If your not expecting it, its a little wierd..... Glad my Jeep doesnt do it.....

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
            Its kinda funny when I have to drive one of the customers cars onto the ramp or under the canopy..... Ill never get over the time when I got into a Range ROver and started it up....... I was Mashing on the brake pedal cause I could fell I was moving, but couldnt figure it out.....then I realised I was going up.... The airbags had been deflated (suspension bags) for a few weeks, so it was a little rickety on its way up..... If your not expecting it, its a little wierd..... Glad my Jeep doesnt do it.....
            That sounds kinda cool. I bet it looks slick to people standing around it too!

Comment

Here too is a mix of everything featuring subcompacts, compacts, midsize and fullsize hatchbacks/sedans/station wagons and mini-vans. Locally the endangered specie is the 4 door sedan (unlike Germany, the two door variety is already extinct except by some collectors) and the rising star is the min-van, all sizes !!! Adding to the picture are a steady supply of mud-shy SUVs. All coming with a diesel powered variant in the catalogs, the most popular models are the RangeRover, the Discovery, the Porche Cayenne and the related VW Touareg, the Jeep Cherokee, the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Chevrolet Tahoe 4 doors standard chassis, the Toyota Rav and Land Cruiser, the Hyundai Santa Fé and the Nissans Terrano and Patrol. The promising outsider is the pick-up with the Toyota Hilux snatching the lion's share.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
              X