Arafat 'brain dead'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arafat 'brain dead'

Didn't see this posted yet. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sad news, i heard about it this morning on my way out the door.
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Indeed
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

aparently this story is false.. just saw it on cnn
        ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

They reported him dead earlier today during the Presidential press Conference, Bush even said "god rest his sole". Anyway it will be very interesting to see what happens. Hopefully someone with the bigger picture in mind will take over and finally make peace with Israel.

Comment

I don't wish death on anyone really, but Arafat was a pretty bad person...
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

hmmmm, sad...RIP
              ***My Blog***

Comment

RIP.....Sad really!

-Pete
                Pete Ganabathi
                Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

RIP
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                    for wanting a homeland for the millions of displaced Palestinian refugees?? granted, his methods back in the 70's and 80's were crude, but when your fighting a US backed military with stones and antiquated weapons you do resort to desperate measures. and lets not go near Ariel Sharon's beautiful record, especially when it comes to Sabra and Shatilla, the man who oversaw the massacre by the Phalange in the 80's, for which close to 2000 men, women and children died in the refugee camps in under 48 hrs, so lay off the one sided view.

for 50 years UN resolutuion 242 has been ignored, only thing we've seen is more settlements on land that should have been handed back to Palestinians.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                      Originally posted by herpa2003

for wanting a homeland for the millions of displaced Palestinian refugees?? granted, his methods back in the 70's and 80's were crude, but when your fighting a US backed military with stones and antiquated weapons you do resort to desperate measures. and lets not go near Ariel Sharon's beautiful record, especially when it comes to Sabra and Shatilla, the man who oversaw the massacre by the Phalange in the 80's, for which close to 2000 men, women and children died in the refugee camps in under 48 hrs, so lay off the one sided view.

for 50 years UN resolutuion 242 has been ignored, only thing we've seen is more settlements on land that should have been handed back to Palestinians.
                      Well said Longreach...

Both sides need to come to some sort of agreement with eachother, and neither of them have been saints. Both have started trouble. But since they have been fighting basically for ever, and since neither seems willing to talk and stop pissing the other off and come up with a deal and stick to it, I don't think there is gonna be any peace for a very long time.

Comment

for wanting a homeland for the millions of displaced Palestinian refugees??
                        no--for not doing anything to discourage (even verbally) suicide attacks killing innocent women and children on the streets and in shops--for supporting a $50,000 package presented as a gift to each family that lost a member because he strapped bombs to himself--for turning the public against Israel by attracting more press about Israel killing 1 senior terrorist leader than about suicide bombers working indirectly for him killing a woman who was to be married the next morning, her father, her sister, and her two infant nephiews (and such other similar attacks)

Arafat was a bad man.

The way to achieve a Palestinian state is by peace--not suicide attacks. I am not saying he was behind all of them, but he was in a position to control them (honestly--if he had said to stop, they would have stopped).

I am glad he is out of politics, but I am not glad about his death (weather he has already died or will die).

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                          for wanting a homeland for the millions of displaced Palestinian refugees??
                          no--for not doing anything to discourage (even verbally) suicide attacks killing innocent women and children on the streets and in shops--for supporting a $50,000 package presented as a gift to each family that lost a member because he strapped bombs to himself--for turning the public against Israel by attracting more press about Israel killing 1 senior terrorist leader than about suicide bombers working indirectly for him killing a woman who was to be married the next morning, her father, her sister, and her two infant nephiews (and such other similar attacks)

Arafat was a bad man.

The way to achieve a Palestinian state is by peace--not suicide attacks. I am not saying he was behind all of them, but he was in a position to control them (honestly--if he had said to stop, they would have stopped).

I am glad he is out of politics, but I am not glad about his death (weather he has already died or will die).
                          I don't believe it. I actually AGREE with CHS for once! Very well said.

Arafat has his own terrorist organization which has been responsible for countless Israeli deaths. He seems to have no problem with blowing up Israeli buses or shopping malls; as a matter of fact, he supports terrorist attacks against civilians.
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

[quote] Arafat has his own terrorist organization which has been responsible for countless Israeli deaths. He seems to have no problem with blowing up Israeli buses or shopping malls; as a matter of fact, he supports terrorist attacks against civilians. [/qoute]

Could you please back that statment up Herpa??
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

[quote="PIAA310"]
                              Arafat has his own terrorist organization which has been responsible for countless Israeli deaths. He seems to have no problem with blowing up Israeli buses or shopping malls; as a matter of fact, he supports terrorist attacks against civilians. [/qoute]

Could you please back that statment up Herpa??
                              Sure.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

TULKARM, West Bank — A leader of the largest Palestinian terrorist group spearheading suicide bombings and other attacks against Israel says he is following the orders of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. "Our group is an integral part of Fatah," says Maslama Thabet, 33, a leader of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade. Fatah, headed by Arafat, is the largest group in the Palestinian Authority, the government of the autonomous Palestinian territories. Thabet spoke from the Tulkarm refugee camp, where he was holed up with about 300 of his heavily armed followers as hundreds of Israeli soldiers swept through the town. Over the past two weeks, Israel has launched massive incursions into Palestinian towns and refugee camps in the West Bank and Gaza in search of terrorists.

Comment

Working...
                              X