Question for Australians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Australians

I put an add for my snowmachine on the internet, and I got a reply from someone who wants it from Australia . Do you guys get snow? Also where is NORTH ADELAIDE? Thanks in advance
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

North Adelaide is well, errr, the northern part of Adelaide (the city i was born in). Adelaide is the state capital of South Australia.

Yes believe it or not there is snow in Australia, largely in Victoria, but i'm sure others can help me out to wherelse snow falls downunder.

Comment

Most of Australia is desert but they do have a few ski fields. probably from there.
      Sam Rudge
      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Yes, B772ADL is correct. North Adelaide is an inner (and wealthy) suburb of Adelaide, which also happens to be my city of birth as well. I used to work as a bartender at a pub in North Adelaide while I was at university.

Australia gets some snow, but only in the states of Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales and also the ACT (kind of like DC - it is where the federal capital, Canberra is). And the snow rarely falls anywhere but in the mountains. There are some very popular snowfields in the mountains of Victoria and NSW, but nothing compared to those in North America, Europe or New Zealand. Though South Australia rarely gets snow, Adelaide does have an indoor artificial ski slope.
        AIRIGAMI.NET
        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Here's a picture of snow-bound Mt. Hotham Airport in Victoria. It is the highest commercial airport in Australia. Last I heard, Qantas Link flew Dash 8s here. There are some other smaller operators who fly here with Metros, etc.
          AIRIGAMI.NET
          http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Re: Question for Australians

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
            I put an add for my snowmachine on the internet, and I got a reply from someone who wants it from Australia . Do you guys get snow? Also where is NORTH ADELAIDE? Thanks in advance
            Obviously whoever wants the snow machine doens't get enough snow for their liking so they want to make some...

Comment

Re: Question for Australians

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
              Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
              Obviously whoever wants the snow machine doens't get enough snow for their liking so they want to make some...

My best guess is that they will water skip it

Comment

snow machine=snowmoblie to some. I too thought he meant a machine to make snow, but I think he meant snowmobile.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  snow machine=snowmoblie to some. I too thought he meant a machine to make snow, but I think he meant snowmobile.
                  I meant snowmobile, up here there is no need for snowmachines, so both snowmachine and snowmobile are the same thing

Comment

Tell me he doesnt want to send you a lot more money than the actual price, and have you forward the difference to his 'Shipping Agent'....
                    I walked across an empty land
                    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                    I felt the earth beneath my feet
                    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                      Tell me he doesnt want to send you a lot more money than the actual price, and have you forward the difference to his 'Shipping Agent'....
                      This person has shipping all arranged and will pay me the 500 dollars

Comment

Some fairly good skiing at Falls Creek and Mt Hotham, not Aspen or Vail but nice none the less.

Aldo

Comment

They work in sand too.

Comment

Working...
                          X