ARAFAT IS DEAD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARAFAT IS DEAD!!!

Good news for many around the world, and now back to getting peace in da middle east. (hey that rymes :P )

Arafats death to be announced today
    11/10/2004 2:39:00 PM GMT

Arafat's death is set to be officially announced at his West Bank headquarters on Wednesday

The death of the ailing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat who has been suffering major deterioration in his health over the past weeks, was set to be officially announced at his West Bank headquarters on Wednesday, a Palestinian official said.

"The death of President Arafat should be announced Wednesday after meetings of the central committee of Fatah and the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) to be held at the Muqataa," said the official who demanded anonymity.

The announcement of Arafat’s death was expected after the four top Palestinian officials returned early Wednesday from their visit to the military hospital at Clamart near Paris where Arafat is getting treated.

On the other hand, Saeb Erakat told reporters early Wednesday that the Palestinian leader is struggling for his life and confirmed that in case Arafat dies he will be buried at the battered Muqataa.

"There is no doubt that if President Arafat dies he will be buried at the Muqataa," Erakat said.

He, moreover, stressed that the head of the Palestinian Authority was still alive "at 2:00 am (midnight GMT)".

Erakat said that the veteran leader’s body will then be moved and reburied in east Jerusalem once they reach an agreement with Israel.

"I think it (a burial in Ramallah) will be temporary and one day, when we have peace and we are alright as neighbours, President Arafat's body will be moved to east Jerusalem, to the al-Aqsa mosque," he told Israeli radio.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian representative in France, Leila Shahid, said that Arafat was still alive but in a very critical condition in the hospital.

Shaath told reporters that Arafat's heath has majorly deteriorated and that he was still in a deep coma, but his heart, brain and lungs were functioning.

Shaath’s statement came after another cabinet minister claimed that Arafat had lost his fight for life.

Shaath described to journalists in full details Arafat's health state, dismissing “euthanasia” as an option.

"I want to rule out any question of euthanasia. People talk as if his life can be plugged in or plugged out. This is ridiculous. We Muslims do not allow euthanasia," he said.

On Tuesday Palestinian senior aide said that President Yasser Arafat is suffering from a brain hemorrhage.

Tayeb Abdel Rahim told reporters in Ramallah that the Palestinian leader started bleeding on Monday night and is now in a critical health condition in Paris military hospital, where he is getting treated.

Palestinian sources said that leaders are waiting for a top Muslim cleric to approve disconnecting life-support systems at the military hospital.

"Is he dead or not dead?" said Ali Zaituna in the Gaza Strip. "We will only believe it when a Palestinian official appears and says it."
    Source: http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/new...ervice_id=5401

That doesn't add anything new.

Some said dead, others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
      That doesn't add anything new.

Some said dead, others don't.
      No--it's official now. The funeral is tomorrow.

Comment

Jeez, Chris, are you going to bake a cake to celebrate?
        Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
        lp.org

Comment

I think it sucks when anybody dies. He at least showed he was interested in peace, its a shame none of the other Palestinians were. RIP

Comment

I'd approach this cautiously. While Arafat was a foot-dragger in the peace process, his death could lead to a huge power stuggle in Palestine with the government and the radical militant groups. I really hope that the moderates and pragmatists prevail and Palestine can be back on the road to statehood and the greater prospect of peace with Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              I think it sucks when anybody dies. He at least showed he was interested in peace, its a shame none of the other Palestinians were. RIP
              Yep, he was so interested in peace that he had his own terrorist organization that blew up Israeli buses and restaraunts.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by A340_flyer
                I'd approach this cautiously. While Arafat was a foot-dragger in the peace process, his death could lead to a huge power stuggle in Palestine with the government and the radical militant groups. I really hope that the moderates and pragmatists prevail and Palestine can be back on the road to statehood and the greater prospect of peace with Israel.
                Yes, let's cross our fingers, since Arafat did not take care to set a sound succession in the pipeline. Moreover, let's also hope his fortune, starting with the Nobel Prize financial earning will at last go where they belong : the country cash reserve.

Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

RIP....I still feel bad though when anyone dies.

-Pete
                  Pete Ganabathi
                  Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

RIP.....i don't celebrate anyones death
                    ***My Blog***

Comment

Ill celebrate Sadaam's and Osama's. Evil bastards.
                      Ryan Davis
                      Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                      www.flyerguide.net

Comment

he didnt want peace...israel offered it to him and he wouldnt accept....good riddance

Comment

i dont care, everyone dies, famous or not, sooner or later,
                          but the thing that disturbs me most is that this guy gets a full, evening filling special about only himself on a dutch TV-network, while a guy who murders his family only gets 5 (...) minutes,
                          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by N776AU
                            he didnt want peace...israel offered it to him and he wouldnt accept....good riddance
                            Wye River Talks?

Arafat didn't want peace. War and disagreement is what kept him in power. I hope he does rest in peace...he'd prolly want war though...

Comment

he did good and bad... either way we all die... and thats life!
                              Thanks,
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X