$100 Rebate on Nikon D70 Thru 12/31/04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 Rebate on Nikon D70 Thru 12/31/04

I just noticed the D70 has a $100 rebate going on. Wanted to share that for anyone who's looking (or drooling) for a new DSLR. Tell mom & dad in time for Christmas - or Hanukkah - or Kwanza!
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

No way!

I was just looking at buying a new camera!

How much is it???

Where should I buy?

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
      No way!

I was just looking at buying a new camera!

How much is it???

Where should I buy?

-Pete
      The rebate would make it $899 for the body. Most everyone still sells the body for the same price within $5-10.

Comment

Same price as a 300D, but with that you get the body and you get the lens and with the kit.

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Same price as a 300D, but with that you get the body and you get the lens and with the kit.

-Pete
          Not to start a war, but the D70 has much better features. It's your choice, I was just throwing the offer up for anyone interested.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA

-Pete
            Not to start a war, but the D70 has much better features. It's your choice, I was just throwing the offer up for anyone interested.
            Can you tell me about the features?

This is quite a serious investment for me so I was really looking into this before I commit.

Do you use it? What do you think about it? How do you like it?

-Pete
            Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA

-Pete
              Can you tell me about the features?

This is quite a serious investment for me so I was really looking into this before I commit.

Do you use it? What do you think about it? How do you like it?

-Pete
              Go to www.dpreview.com for reviews.
              I don't own a D70 but I tested one at a store. It has a better build quality than the 300D. It allows more manual control than the 300D and has a larger frame buffer (you can shoot more frames continously than the 300D). Shoots better in low light also. Many people argue about the output from both Canon and Nikon DSLR but I think if you know how to post-process, both camera can produce images of equal quality.

Lens-wise, Canon has a larger selection at a more affordable price than Nikon (under $1000). I would also take a look at the Canon 10D since it is now around $1100.

If you just want to spend the least amount of dough, look on ebay for used D30/60 or get a 300D and add the firmware hack
              Click Here for my aviation photographs.
              No Frontiers

Comment

I have the 300D, my dad has the D70. My dad is a very experienced photographer (20 years +). He went for the D70 because Nikon is what he always used and he also had a bunch of lenses he didnt want to go to waste. If the D70 was the same price as the 300D (with kit), I personally would get that. However, I love my 300D and will never regret my purchase. Lets see what the others have to say...

Comment

Working...
                X