• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Powell Resigns

decent man too.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Too bad, by far my favourite Sec of the team.
    He was moderate and willingly termed himself as the Reluctant Warrior, partly because unlike some people who made their bests to stiffle his actions when as the SecState, he spent lots of years as a professionnal field military and moderator. He probably could not get the autonomy he wanted for his action and altogether be a SecState to remember, he was fed up, he chose to step down instead of being a puppet. Great guy.
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

A happy retirement to him...he was a good guy!

-Pete
      Pete Ganabathi
      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

To avoid a flame war, I'm going to leave out my opinions on some of his "performances" over the past 2 years...

...and agree that overall, he was a very decent man!
        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
          To avoid a flame war, I'm going to leave out my opinions on some of his "performances" over the past 2 years...

...and agree that overall, he was a very decent man!
          Please let us hear it, just to make sure that your pointing the finger at the right person.

Comment

How sad, one of the few people on the cabinent that I liked.
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
              How sad, one of the few people on the cabinent that I liked.
              Ditto to that.
              www.acairport.com

Comment

Not a surprise.

I read another article that says Condy make take the position.
                Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

chrisburns: Nope, not gonna whisper a thing. I've seen how well anything political goes around here. Not worth it.
                  My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Its no secret that Powell doesn't have to many successes he could point his finger on. In all fairness to Powell I think the administration didn't take Powell as serious as he should have been. I really would like to see him run for President in 08. I think he has the experience, knowledge, and character America needs. He served our country for almost 40 years and should truly be saluted. At the very least they should name an Aircraft Carrier after him.

Comment

Looks like Condy gets the job...

(AP) - President Bush has selected Condoleezza Rice, his national security adviser and trusted confidant, to replace Colin Powell as secretary of state, officials said Monday, in a major shakeup of the president's national security team. Three other Cabinet secretaries also resigned. Powell, a retired four-star general who often clashed on Iraq and other foreign policy issues with more hawkish members of Bush's administration, said he was returning to private life once his successor was in place.

ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Who's left....Rumsfeld?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                          Who's left....Rumsfeld?
                          Nobody really knows what he's up to.

But after that prisoner abuse scandal, and now that other incident (see other thread), I'm sure it's going to be hard for him to stay in office. But he might, we'll see.

Comment

Dont forget Greenspan, if he doesnt die in the next few years

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              Dont forget Greenspan, if he doesnt die in the next few years
                              Greenspan has been a savior to the Bush's, Regan, and Clinton. Good he was there when I was still in elementary school; he probably will die in office. I bet Bush lifts the ban on human cloning just so he can clone Greenspan.

Comment

Working...
                              X