Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of JP.net history...

JP.net homepage,2002....

Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

Our beloved forums, 2002...

And, yes, I must post the "other site..."

Biggest aviation gallery on the Net featuring fantastic photos of commerical aircrafts from Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed, McDonnell Douglas, Saab, Fokker, Concorde and lots more! This site also has an uniqe service where phot ographers from all over the world can add photos to the archive via the Web! Try it out!
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Oh yeah...remember all that. And if I may add...one of the main page changes was proposed by me-the photo of the week archive feature...so ya'll know who to thank next time you see that famous link just sitting there on the frontpage... j/k

Then again, I remember the newest photos ('thumbnails only' link) was Mike's idea...and a damn fine one.

Yeah...the site has come a long way.

Oh yeah, and then there was also this wierd guy with a metrojet avatar and...still floats around these parts...never really did anything much except get his ass suspended a few times...and a kid who actually virtually flew for Southwest airlines...and a chinese dude who's been on here in how many different usernames I don't know...I heard he made 'crew' now......just kidding guys

Many more people...some of whom are still here and some of whom are gone now (Jeff)...all were/are well...unique ...and seriously made these forums a cool place.

No thanks...I already have the tissues...

EDIT: I almost forgot...everybody's favorite 'virtual' girlfriend...Jessica (kat)
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Back in my day, we had to use dial up speeds, and didn't have luxuries like date and cabin searches!

TangoSierraVictor
      Australia bound!
      Sep 3 ICN-KIX JL964 767
      Sep 3~4 KIX-BNE JL777 747

Comment

Old skool a.net

Comment

Wow, the forums look so different now; and both samples of A.net are almost unrecognisable!

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

hard to imagine the forums are such improved over the past years
            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
            - Metzgermeister

Comment

it really improved a lot in the time being, Very nice job Chris!!!
              My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

What's "proxy avoidance"??? Our network at work won't let me pull up those archive sites.
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Wow, Jim's been hanging around here for a damn long time!

What ever happened to him anyway?
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

A little bit of JP.net history...

Originally posted by matt1168

Well, his "job" on here was to post aviation news, and that job has been taken over by babypurin, Tornblom, PT737SWA and myself, so he is not needed anymore . Actually, now that I think about, he did in fact rarely post outside of new releases .

-Colin

Comment

Re: A little bit of JP.net history...

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      Originally posted by matt1168

Well, his "job" on here was to post aviation news, and that job has been taken over by babypurin, Tornblom, PT737SWA and myself, so he is not needed anymore . Actually, now that I think about, he did in fact rarely post outside of new releases .

-Colin
                      I think he left because people were ganging up on him for his political views. Toward the end of his stay here, it seemed like he was posting an awful lot of political stuff, which all got slammed.
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

same poll? chris, you need to get off your ass and do some work!
                        Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

25 Apr 2003 was the second best day for jetphotos.net...the first one was when JeffinDen left...

Comment

25 Apr 2003 was the second best day for jetphotos.net...the first one was when JeffinDen left...

thnx for the laugh joe
                            My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

A little bit of JP.net history...

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                              even though some brown-nosed guys were sooo sad that he left.

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X