Elections 2008- Told You So

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections 2008- Told You So

Just had to be the first to say it...LOL. If it happens that will be one hell of a race.

Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani early favorites for 2008: Gallup poll

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Former First Lady Hillary Clinton (news - web sites) is the early favorite among Democrats and ex-New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani the top choice among Republicans as the 2008 presidential nominees, according to the Gallup Poll Briefing.

Asked who they wanted on the top spot of the 2008 Democratic ticket, 25 percent of the Democrats surveyed cited New York Senator Clinton, Gallup said.

Fifteen percent chose Massachusetts Senator John Kerry (news - web sites), who lost the November 2 US presidential election to George Bush (news - web sites), while seven percent opted for Kerry's running-mate, John Edwards (news - web sites).

Senator-elect Barack Obama of Illinois was the choice of three percent and former vice president Al Gore (news - web sites) the selection of two percent, Gallup said.

Asked to choose between Clinton or Edwards, 55 percent chose Clinton while 39 percent opted for Edwards, it said.

On the Republican side, 10 percent put forward Giuliani, who earned praise for his leadership of New York following the September 11 attacks, and 10 percent went for Arizona Senator John McCain, who lost the 2000 Republican nomination to Bush.

Seven percent chose outgoing Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites), while three percent selected President Bush (news - web sites)'s younger brother Jeb Bush, the governor of Florida.

Asked to choose between Giuliani, McCain and Jeb Bush, 47 percent chose Giuliani, 27 percent McCain and 17 percent Jeb Bush.

The poll of 465 Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents and 505 Republicans was carried out November 7-10 and had a margin of error of plus or minus five points.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Don't count Kerry out. He says he isn't "shutting any doors."
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

HRC is going to be on Larry King Live tomorrow night, and when I saw that, I commented, I bet you he's going to ask her if she's running in 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
        Don't count Kerry out. He says he isn't "shutting any doors."
        Bah. I don't think he has a chance if the Dems put him up against Hillary.
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I personally don't see the appeal of Giuliani. Ok...he said 'America will recover', or something to that degree, after 9/11, does that make him presidential material? Maybe I'm just not seeing something that other people are.

As for HRC, IMO this past election showed that a northern liberal won't cut it in the south. She can try, and she probably could win the Dem primary, but I don't know if she could go against another southern Rep. Also, don't forget how chauvanistic some people can be, especially in the south.

I think McCain would be a good choice, but he'll be fairly old, in his 70s I believe by 2008.
          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Well, Giuliani isn't HRC for one thing...

Second, Giulani has a good track record as Mayor of NYC before 9/11. And he is a republican with charisma.

Comment

Gallup, the same poll that said Kerry was going to win the electoral college, the popular vote would be a 49%-49% tie, Bush would win Wisconsin and Florida by 8%, and Kerry would win Ohio.

Comment

I thought Rudy wasn't interested...? Besides what political experience does he have outside of NYC mayor? Hillary might stand a chance against him (God forbid)
                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  I thought Rudy wasn't interested...? Besides what political experience does he have outside of NYC mayor? Hillary might stand a chance against him (God forbid)
                  Rudy was a Federal Prosecutor in NYC.......

Comment

and Rudy did turn NYC around. NYC was a shithole before he came in and cleaned it up.
                    Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      I'm pretty sure I've heard him say he wasn't interested. But that doesn't mean much.
                      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Elections 2008- Told You So

This shows that US new vary from German news. Certain newspapers here have claimed that Condoleeza Rice will run for President in 08 . Out of the poll, I'd vote for Rudy G. How he turned NY around showcases his abilities.

-Colin

Comment

I would not surprised to see the following tickets
                          Dems - Hilary Rodham Clinton & Barak Obama
                          GOP --- Rudolph Giuliani & COLIN POWELL.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                            I would not surprised to see the following tickets
                            Dems - Hilary Rodham Clinton & Barak Obama
                            GOP --- Rudolph Giuliani & COLIN POWELL.
                            Alain
                            HRC might try but she ain't going to win (wouldn't work in red states)

Barak Obama is Just a strange name, another no-go in a red state

Rudy has a good chance, 9/11 charisma in the red states

Colin Powell, too centrist for the GOP

Comment

I've heard people mention Bayh (sp.), a senator of Indiana as a possible Dem candidate. He must be good if he can get that state to elect him when they vote so strongly for Bush.

Comment

Working...
                              X