Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Hippies (aka PETA)

To whom it may concern,

Animal rights is one thing, but what about the treatment of people? Millions of people are abused in suburbian homes each day,others are torcherd around the world in prison. Then theres childern who get torcherd by bullies, and some get beatin by there parents. Shouldent your group be concernd about human rites and abuse to?

Childern shouldent be vegitarians, they need the protien to grow. And this thanksgiving, I will sit down and eat a nice big turkey, You can have whatever you eat. I think people have a choice. Anyway, people do need meats and protien.

Regards,

Kevin.
    I got a cheezy email that was pre-made back. Didnt get a heartfelt true answer. I got one from a machine, not a person. DAMNIT
    -Kevin

Ok...er...Kevin, the intention behind your email is nice, but to be taken seriously you really need to make it look that you're serious about it in the first place...and this starts with spelling and grammar, which I might say is ATROCIOUS in that email.

So change it and send it again. I corrected the spelling (it's in bold)

To whom it may concern,

Animal rights is one thing, but what about the treatment of people? Millions of people are abused in suburban homes each day, others are tortured around the world in prison. Then there are children who get tortured by bullies, and some get beaten by their parents. Shouldn't your group be concerned about human rights and abuse too?

Children shouldn't be vegetarians, they need protein to grow. And this thanksgiving, I will sit down and eat a nice big turkey, You can have whatever you eat. I think people have a choice. Anyway, people do need meat and protein.

Regards,

Kevin.
    One more thing...about the vegetarian and protein argument...there are more than enough sources of protein other than meat...legumes (like chickpeas etc.), lentils, eggs (which PETA is not against), milk...these are some of the main sources of protein in a vegetarian's diet, and they pretty much make up for whatever they miss out by not eating meat. In addition, meat is the only food source that contains cholesterol (and milk, milk products and eggs)...so eating legumes and lentils as their source of protein gives vegetarians an added benefit...they do not get any of the cholesterol that we as non-vegetarians get.

Other than that your email is ok. And fyi I am a non-vegetarian.

EDIT: One more thing. PETA does not neccesarily have to be concerned with Human Rights. They are an Animal Rights Activist group. There are enough people that campaign for human rights worldwide, such as Amnesty, UNICEF, UNHCR, UNHRC, CRY, C.A.R.E and numerous others.

Aside from that, yes, I do believe that people should have the choice when it comes to what they eat, based on their taste, morals, beliefs and principles, and not on those of some activist group.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

...and attach this pic to your e-mail, along with one of a roasting Turkey....

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
        eggs (which PETA is not against)

BZZZZZZT!!! Wrong on that account.

Actually, PETA opposes the human use and/or consumption of ANY anima-derived product, such as milk, eggs, honey, anything curdled with rennet, wool, silk and leather.

I don't mind people being vegans, if that's their choice, but I refuse to be told that I'm a cold-blooded killer because I enjoy my delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich.

Besides, they ignore the important role the consumption of meat played in the evolution of the human brain. If we hadn't eaten meat thousands of years ago, we'd be only slightly above chimps.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Actually, PETA opposes the human use and/or consumption of ANY anima-derived product, such as milk, eggs, honey, anything curdled with rennet, wool, silk and leather.
          Well then that's just moronic.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
          X