Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just started using Mozilla Firefox. Comments??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started using Mozilla Firefox. Comments??

Hey,

For some reason my internet has been running very slow recently even though I have ADSL. I think the reason was the recent Microsoft service pack as after I installed it things web wise slowed to a crawl.

I just installed Mozilla Firefox and am using that as my browser and I must say that it's a lot faster. Is anyone else using the same browser? What was the verdict??
    YBBN - James

Yes, I like Mozilla Firefox better. We have Internet Explorer on our work computers and we have loaded Mozilla (We are waiting for the I.T. bunch to notice).

Comment

Re: Just started using Mozilla Firefox. Comments??

Originally posted by YBBN
      Hey,

For some reason my internet has been running very slow recently even though I have ADSL. I think the reason was the recent Microsoft service pack as after I installed it things web wise slowed to a crawl.

I just installed Mozilla Firefox and am using that as my browser and I must say that it's a lot faster. Is anyone else using the same browser? What was the verdict??
      I switched about a month ago, and love it. Less viruses and spyware, for sure. I havent had any spyware leaks so far, like I did with IE. Also, Firefox is overall, more pleasing to the eye. My favorite addition is the pop-up blocker, as it works very well, the SP2 internet explorer pop-up blocker is so annoying. Their are a couple of disadvantages, websites sometimes show up differently, as Firefox displays the CSS of websites differently, which can be annoying, especially if it doesnt fit the screen. Also, some websites are only compatible with IE, and that either you have to load IE to view the site or dont use the site! ! Firefoz has a pretty big community which have made skins, plugins, and such to make it more user friendly, so hopefully we will see more interesting addons in the future. Firefox has approx 4% of the internet browser marketshare, so it still has a long way to go before it becomes the next "standard" broswer.

Firefox also takes up less memory then IE, and with tabbed browsing you dont need to open up more than one instance of Firefox causing faster browsing. To be fair, their is Avant browser for IE, that does the same thing.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Firefox is god... IE sucks...

Comment

yah firefox is VERY GOOD, i love it!
          Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Ive used Firefox for about 6-7 months now and love it, if IE didnt suck as far as adds and stuff, IE would be better for viewing webpages and stuff.

Comment

I have never used IE I have used Mozilla (Netscape) for years and years currently using Mozilla 1.7.3

Comment

Just started using Mozilla Firefox. Comments??

I'm basically using anything but IE. IE has to many security lapses. Mozilla, Firefox, even Opera are way better than IE.

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                  Firefox is god... IE sucks...
                  Amen to that
                  -Kevin

Comment

I use mozilla firefox since august and I an very pleased with it: works much nicer!
                    I only found one problem: when I am uploading pics i can not use the pop-up boxes in which you can choose the aircraft type. The problem was posted on the site-related forum ( http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14982) but no solution given. I had the problem only occasionally with Netscape, so I am not sure if it is a specific mozilla firefox problem. Still, like Mozilla much better

cheers, Pamela

Comment

i have been useing mozilla for years, and firefox since .4.... best thing out there
                      ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Working...
                      X