Kurt Bush pulls it off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt Bush pulls it off

even after totally losing his wheel Kurt Busch came back on Sunday to win the first ever Nextel Cup
    the final standings went like this
    1.Kurt Busch
    2.Jimmie Johnson
    3.Jeff Gordon
    4.Mark Martin
    5.Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    6.Tony Stewart
    7.Ryan Newman
    8.Matt Kenseth
    9.Elliott Sadler
    10.Jeremy Mayfield

Good for him, he proved he can drive in a circle faster than everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96

Comment

Typical comment from someone uninformed about the sport...
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
          Yeah yeah, uninformed.

I've watched nascar for years. And I still say they just drive in circles. Boring. What, do they do something like 3 road races a year? And Jeff Gordon always wins em. I never liked Gordon, but he's one there who can actually race.

Shumacher is by far the best driver in the world. No one dominates a season like that guy. Formula One is a lot more fun to watch than nascar. And F1 doesn't use cars that look like they came from the 50's.

So don't call me uninformed because I don't thing that nascar drivers are particularly talented.

Comment

Yeah yeah, uninformed.

I've watched nascar for years. And I still say they just drive in circles. Boring. What, do they do something like 3 road races a year? And Jeff Gordon always wins em. I never liked Gordon, but he's one there who can actually race.

Shumacher is by far the best driver in the world. No one dominates a season like that guy. Formula One is a lot more fun to watch than nascar. And F1 doesn't use cars that look like they came from the 50's.

So don't call me uninformed because I don't thing that nascar drivers are particularly talented.

Jeff Gordon or Robby Gordon.... get it right.....

Yeah to race sombody for 3 hours and just beat him by a bumper, thats not tallent? I will give you the fact that F-1 is very tallented, atleast its not like INDY where the pedal is matted all the way around the track....
            But those NASCAR guys, have the longest season of any other sport in north america..... to race sombody for 40 weeks, and just beat him by a few points??? Id rather watch that then somone winning EVERY RACE...

Comment

Jeff Gordon

won at watkins glen in 97, 98, 99, 01

at infineon raceway, won in 04, 00, 99, 98

Robby Gordon has one a few too. Also, if i remember correctly, he was a driver in the CART indycar series, which I always enjoyed. They did mostly road course driving as well.

And i will say, the nascar playoff type system with the points was a great idea, a good way to keep it competative. But before that, it was possible for a driver to run away with the points, or even win the championship without winning many races.

coughmattkensethcough.

Comment

yeah, get it right...its an oval!

edit

wait...did you say sport?

Comment

*2 road races a year...once in Sonoma, CA....the other in Watkins Glen, NY
                  *robby gordon was a driver in IRL
                  *new points not a good idea

Comment

Yeah yeah, uninformed.

Yeah, F1's fun to watch. The race is always for 2nd place. That's a ton of fun...at least you get different winners in NASCAR.

Good for Busch....I don't particularly like him, but nice job anyway.
                    BTW, Jimmie Johnson, who I now despise because he's NASCAR's greatest traitor, won 8 races this year...most of anybody, including Jeff Gordon.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Either way, I find both boring, and not a "sport"

Ill stick with hockey:

SPORT: 1. competitive physical activity: an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally (often used in the plural)

I dont call shifting and turning a wheel physical activity, thats what Nascar is, just an activity

ACTIVITY: something somebody does: something that somebody takes part in or does (often used in the plural)

Comment

Yeah the NHL are some real tuff guys these days...
                        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                          they're still tough, but they're also greedy. I'd still say that most hockey players would win in a fight against the nascar rednecks even if they're allowed to use their car as a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            Originally posted by mikecweb
                            they're still tough, but they're also greedy. I'd still say that most hockey players would win in a fight against the nascar rednecks even if they're allowed to use their car as a weapon.

Comment

Working...
                            X