What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

I thought this was a good topic, seeing as Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I've got a busier day than normal this year, going something like this:

I'm taking a half day at work on Wednesday.

Wed. afternoon, I'm taking the NJ Transit Express bus from Atlantic City to Philadelphia (first time not taking the train; the bus is quicker!). From the Philly bus station, I'm taking the SEPTA Airport Metro Line to PHL to meet my cousins (wife, husband around 30 and 2 kids), who are coming in from Southwest flight 1125 from LAX, which lands at around 4 in PHL. Since they aren't used to taking planes, I am meeting them on the train. That night, we will take the train back to my dad's in Philadelphia and stay there for the night.

Thursday morning my dad will give us a ride to the Holmesburg Jct. Rail station, where we take the SEPTA train to Trenton, the NJ Transit train to NYC, the Long Island Railroad to Valley Stream, and then the Long Island Railroad shuttle train to Malverne. I do it every year by myself, but have never done it with my cousins. One of them used to be from NYC, so she's used to trains and such, but the husband and the 2 kids will most likely get tired from the day; they've never been on a train before!

We're going to my aunt's house in Malverne, LI; she has the best damn cooking of anyone I've ever known! There will be 50 people there this year! I'm looking forward to it!
    www.acairport.com

thats easy, I'm working......................... and not going to MSN to see my doc

Comment

We dont celebrate it....just going to enjoy my week off. and working my schoolwork.
      ***My Blog***

Comment

Proally going out to eat, then on Friday going to BOS for photos. Not gonna be much different than a regular day.

Comment

Hopefully going to see Rummy speak at Fort Drum. After that, some relatives from Philly are coming up and we'll all have a big Thanksgiving dinner.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Eat, sleep, photograph
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Get up, watch the Thanksgiving day parade while I eat a big stack of flapjacks and then off to see the family for Thanksgiving dinner, football, and some heavy drinking with my cousins!!

Comment

Wednesday Morning im on Southwest flight 1919.
                Departs MDW 9:15am
                Arrives PHL 12:30pm

Going to New Jersey for Thanksgiving. A little sight seeing too.

Sunday Afternoon im on Southwest flight 1932
                Departs PHL 1:00pm
                Arrives MDW: 2:30pm

Should be a good time...

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

All of my cousins, which includes about 10 really loud little kids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, 2/4 of my siblings, and other extended family are all meeting at my aunts house.

Lot's of people, noise, food, tension, and jealousy. Sound fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Southwest

Should be a good time...
                    Which town in NJ?
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168

Should be a good time...
                      Which town in NJ?
                      Moorestown. Never been there. Anything fun to do in Philly?

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168

Should be a good time...
                        Which town in NJ?
                        Moorestown. Never been there. Anything fun to do in Philly?
                        Plenty of cool things in Philly.

1. When going into Philadelphia, especially during the holidays, I recommend you take the NJT bus, which runs frequently from Moorestown. Parking in Philadelphia is an expensive disaster.

2. Stay away from Independence Mall. It's a crowded tourist trap that's about as good as brussel sprouts.

3. My favorite place in Philadelphia to just go and hang out is Rittenhouse Square, a large city park with plenty of shops, restaurant, and just relaxation.

4. The Mutter Museum on 22nd St. is a really cool place to visit, but some stuff may gross you out.

5. The new national constitution Center (I hear) is really really cool.

6. Penns Landing along the water offers great food, attractions, and if it's nice out, agreat walk around the waterside.

7. South Street, the "hippie" street of Philadelphia is full of unique shops, restaurants, and people.

8. Fairmount and Pennypack parks are two major parks in Philadelphia.

and last, but not least,

9. STAY AWAY FROM THE PHILADELPHIA MUSEUM OF ART!!!!!

Have a good trip
                        www.acairport.com

Comment

Meeting a cousin of mine who studies at Lafayette, and then eating at a relative's house.
                          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Staying home as usual (As usual, Thanksgiving is at my place AKA my grandparent's house). I'm off Wednesday and Thursday this week (as a result of volunteering to fill in to help out this past weekend with the airport routes), so Wednesday, I'll go pick up some supplies (my beer stash is empty save for a bottle of cider) and do some laundry. Thursday pig out, take a nap, repeat. Go work Friday, then have Saturday and Sunday off.

Comment

Working, as usual. Someone has to keep the freight moving.
                              George R. Widener
                              Oshkosh, WI USA
                              Aircraft Photos Here
                              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
                              X