Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of French Army Killing Civilians

(Caution- VERY Graphic)

So the media goes crazy over a US Marine killing an insurgent, but says nothing when French soldiers kill 62 innocent, unarmed civilians? What kind of a world is this?

BTW, this took place recently (within the past few weeks) in the Ivory Coast.

Longreach, are you going to condemn France now?
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

So the media goes crazy over a US Marine killing an unarmed civilian, but says nothing when French soldiers kill 62 innocent, unarmed civilians? What kind of a world is this
    You made a typo.

But yeah, I agree with you about the disproportionate media attention and hype.

EDIT: A little before 9 minutes into the video it becomes EXTREMELY graphic.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

For real

Horrible

Comment

I removed the link for that video, it is inapropriate since minors use this site. Herpa please dont post that link again.

Comment

Re: Video of French Army Killing Civilians

Originally posted by herpa2003
          (Caution- VERY Graphic)

So the media goes crazy over a US Marine killing an insurgent, but says nothing when French soldiers kill 62 innocent, unarmed civilians? What kind of a world is this?

BTW, this took place recently (within the past few weeks) in the Ivory Coast.

errr, what do i have to do with it? are you stupid? i'm not into thuggery or murder no matter who it's committed by, as for my stand, i think it's quite clear, if you haven't worked it out by now then that's your issue not mine.

my stance is that the killing of innocent civilans is the worst possible crime, whether it is be by a bomb from 35000 feet or a bullet and point blank range, i'd have thought that was perfectly clear?? so i'd say that means i condemn all types of killing no matter who it's by...

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Ivory Coast is not the only country where war crimes are taking place. Like it or not, war crimes are occuring in Iraq and it is criminal to pretend that they are not.
            YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by c72
              I removed the link for that video, it is inapropriate since minors use this site. Herpa please dont post that link again.
              I watched it, i'm a "minor" and it wasn't inappropriate to me. No need to sheild kids from seeing stuff like this because this is gonna become our world and you gotta know what going on. The soldiers that did this should be ashamed of themselves, i hope they are punished properly

My .02

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                Originally posted by c72
                I watched it, i'm a "minor" and it wasn't inappropriate to me. No need to sheild kids from seeing stuff like this because this is gonna become our world and you gotta know what going on. The soldiers that did this should be ashamed of themselves, i hope they are punished properly

My .02
                Not a fact of shielding, just a fact of decency, minor or not.

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                  Originally posted by c72

My .02
                  agree with you 200% steve, i've not seen it nor do i wish to, seeing the beheading of young Nicholas Berg was bad enough.

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                    It does not belong on an aviation website. If you want to see footage like that, just look for it. It doesn't mean you should be able to find it here.
                    YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                      Originally posted by c72
                      Originally posted by c72

My .02
                      agree with you 200% steve, i've not seen it nor do i wish to, seeing the beheading of young Nicholas Berg was bad enough.
                      But you watch a video of a US soldier killing an insurgent?
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                        So the media goes crazy over a US Marine killing an unarmed civilian, but says nothing when French soldiers kill 62 innocent, unarmed civilians? What kind of a world is this
                        You made a typo.
                        He was indeed an insurgent who had been firing on US forces a little while earlier. Nevertheless, I find it sickening that the media played that up, but we heard nothing about dozens of civilians being shot by the French Army. I'm glad you see it the same way.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to a credible source on the topic, or is that precisely the point that Herpa is trying to make - there isn't one as of yet?

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
                            Does anyone have a link to a credible source on the topic, or is that precisely the point that Herpa is trying to make - there isn't one as of yet?
                            Not sure about this website, but it has an article about it: http://www.spacewar.com/2004/041128205446.jwmj0bsv.html

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                              Originally posted by Longreach747
                              Originally posted by c72
                              Originally posted by c72

My .02

But you watch a video of a US soldier killing an insurgent?
                              errrr, i think i posted how i saw that, it was shown on our news on every channel unedited, do you have a problem with me watching the news?? i've not heard or seen anything about this, but the fact that you mentioned it was very graphic leads me to not wanna watch it!

exactly what is your point?? i saw the video of the beheading of Nick Berg
                              which was not shown on TV, i saw the point blank shooting of a defencless insurgent, is there a point to your comment? i thought this was a thread about the killing of innocent civilians, why are you specifically looking to bait me? your strayig away from the topic.

what i find more intollerable is the blatant disregard for the innocent civilians that have died in Iraq, when did you last hear a report about them, 1 soldier gets hung out to dry for shooting an insurgent and the world hears about it, 1 bomb falls on a house and wipes out a family and nothing is mentioned! see the imbalance?

the first casualty of conflict is always the truth!

while you sit there preparing to bait, i'm off to pack to see some more of the world!

next trips
                              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                              X