Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large Explosion at Plant in Houston

From another forum, posted by someone in Houston:

Marcus Oil and Gas plant location in SW Houston has exploded. Manufactures plastics and poly type things.There are confirmed casualties and at least an entire city block area is burning. Fire fighters do not know what all is burning or if there is a possibility of more explosions so they are being very careful and not fighting the fire itself yet. Another explosion just occured. We live at least 10 miles N of the site and the first explosion rattled our house and brought everyone out into the street!!
    Not even on the news wires yet...
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

From an ABC affiliate:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/120...ldingfire.html

(12/03/04 - HOUSTON) A building in southwest Houston is burning after reports of an explosion.

The fire is reported to be burning at the Marcus Oil and Chemical, as wax technology company, located on Fondren near South Main.

Both Houston police and firefighters are being told to stay back because they're not certain what chemicals may be burning in the fire. There have been reports of injuries, but at this point, we're not certain the extent of those injuries.

Several surrounding streets have been closed, but at this point, we don't know of any evacuations.

We have crews heading to the scene and will have the latest for you on ABC13 Eyewitness News.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Wow, I heard nothing about that. And I've usually got CNN or MSNBC on in the background when i'm doing stuff. Usually stuff like that makes pretty big news.

Comment

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...pstory/2930966

Good story in the Houston Chronicle. Pictures, too.
        My photos on jp.net

Comment

Working...
        X