Plus-size Americans collapse chairs on Queen Mary II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus-size Americans collapse chairs on Queen Mary II

Overweight American passengers have broken dozens of seats on the Queen Mary II, the world's biggest and most luxurious cruise liner, according to Britain's The Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

advertisementThe French company that supplied chairs on the cruise liner told the newspaper it is repairing and replacing them as quickly as they collapse under plus-sized passengers.

A spokesman for the company Alstom Chantiers told the newspaper that some of the passengers, mostly those from the United States, were heavier than expected.

Many of the broken seats were in the bar and restaurant areas, according to the British paper.

There has been a rise in the number of obese and overweight people going on cruise holidays because of cramped seating on airplanes and trains, an obesity expert explained to the Telegraph.

The Queen Mary II, which set sail on her maiden voyage in January this year, is more than twice as long as the Washington Monument. It carries 2,620 passengers and 1,250 crew, and cost an estimated $800 million to build.
    - The baby will be back -

Right, of course its american's, it couldnt be anybody else I bet they just asked a worker and they were like It's probably an American.

Please

Comment

YAY FATTIES!

Comment

Yes, lets blame the fat people, not our crappy products that fall apart.

Comment

Even the American gov't says Americans are too heavy (an awful lot of Canadians are following along too).

You go to Europe and you don't see the same number of heavy people as you do in North America.

Comment

A yes Europe. Last time I went to france people stared at me all the time (Must of loved me ) Probley cause I was 6"2 and almost 200 pounds at the lovely age of 13. Must of been scared to see a kid my size in Europe. (Wasn't to thin back then either)

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
              Even the American gov't says Americans are too heavy (an awful lot of Canadians are following along too).

You go to Europe and you don't see the same number of heavy people as you do in North America.
              Yeah, but i saw a lot of rather large teenagers in Germany, most of them were going to the Disco (Club for those here in the US)

Must have been cheap chairs clearly not:

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                Originally posted by ptbodale

Yeah, but i saw a lot of rather large teenagers in Germany, most of them were going to the Disco (Club for those here in the US)
                Ahh, the Fat Children of Landau (insider joke). Yes, there are overweight teenagers in Germany, but a) there aren't nearly as many as in teh US (even %-based), and b) they are not as much overweight as the Americans).

-Colin

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by slate
                    You gotta love low-rise jeans!
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                      You gotta love low-rise jeans!
                      That depends on whether you mean left or right :vomit:.

-Colin

Comment

Off course the left one...

To comfort some of touchy patriots, in this country too we get a bigger number every year too. On the other hand, most involved are ethnic North Africans and Africans who stroll with sound machines while listening to the french cousins of 50 cents and al and wearing those f*cking underwaist pants.

Alain
                        Thanks for visiting
                        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                        *JetPhotos*
                        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

PT737SWA I wanna bet those aren't even low rise jeans (the one on the right of course). I'm sorry but I had to let out a few laughs at the original posted article. Okay i'm going to sound like a beyotch here but what is it with fat people wearing thongs (g-strings) or spandex?? (this isn't comming from someone who's exactly skinny either, 5' 4" 140 pounds) I personally stay away from spandex, low rise jeans, and thongs (this is because I don't like being sexually assulted by my own underpants)

Comment

Just out of pure curiosity, I wonder what percentage of Europeans smoke as compared to Americans?
                            It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Haha.. yeah, Europe wins the HOT Women award vs. America.... Hands down

Comment

Working...
                              X