Problums with teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt1168
    I still clearly remember my 10th grade English teacher. The man was a psycho. He was a tall man with a long beard, who wore a cowboy hat every day despite the schools "no hats" policy. He would always wear large boots, and had a very deep voice with a western accent, and a horrible temper. One day I had to many books on my desk, and I clearly remember him coming over to my desk, circling around it, spitting on it, and saying ITS TIME TO CLEAN YO DESK OUT BOY, followed by lifting the desk above his head and chucking it out the door, screaming OUT and pointing to the hall. One time, a kid did so little as to tap him on the shoulder to ask him a question, and the teacher replied, "YOU DONT TOUCH YO TEACHER BOY," grabbed him with one arm, carrying him about 2 feet off the ground, and literally threw him out the door, into the wall. This teacher did those things, amongst many other things, including punching a hole in a globe, and was fired for it toward the end of the year. I just did everything he said, no matter how weird or bone-headed it may have been, and for the most part tended to stay on his good side.
    This guy is definitely the worst teacher described here so far.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      Originally posted by matt1168
      I still clearly remember my 10th grade English teacher. The man was a psycho. He was a tall man with a long beard, who wore a cowboy hat every day despite the schools "no hats" policy. He would always wear large boots, and had a very deep voice with a western accent, and a horrible temper. One day I had to many books on my desk, and I clearly remember him coming over to my desk, circling around it, spitting on it, and saying ITS TIME TO CLEAN YO DESK OUT BOY, followed by lifting the desk above his head and chucking it out the door, screaming OUT and pointing to the hall. One time, a kid did so little as to tap him on the shoulder to ask him a question, and the teacher replied, "YOU DONT TOUCH YO TEACHER BOY," grabbed him with one arm, carrying him about 2 feet off the ground, and literally threw him out the door, into the wall. This teacher did those things, amongst many other things, including punching a hole in a globe, and was fired for it toward the end of the year. I just did everything he said, no matter how weird or bone-headed it may have been, and for the most part tended to stay on his good side.
      This guy is definitely the worst teacher described here so far.
      He always threatened that he was writing a book on our class, with a seperate chapter for each of his 15 or 20 least favorite students. For the next 2 years in high school, friends and I would always go to the bookstore every now and then to look for his book, but I don't think he ever finished it. All I know is that he was fired in the end of April of that year, and had charges pressed against him by the family of the kid thrown into the hallway, but not ever sure what happened with that. In any case, it turned out that his replacement for the last 2 months of school (a 70 year old perminant substitute teacher, who I heard through a friend just died about 5 months ago, sadly), turned out to be one of the most influencal teachers I've ever had.
      www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        I have an English teacher who didn't like you if you weren't Jewish.
        Well dispite her efforts, the anti-semitism scale is still off balance in the wrong direction.

Comment

Except she didn't really like guys either...
          just like the one im having trouble with
          -Kevin

Comment

problums eh?

Comment

My Social studies teacher was an absolute b!tch. She would always arrive in class 10 minutes late and tehn yell at us for not being ready. Her excuse for being late was always that she had to teach in 4 different rooms each day. She even said that after lunch, saying she had to rush in from her last class. Her vocabulary was that of a 5 year old, if you said something like 'explanitory' she asked you what it meant. She took marks off our assignments for spelling errors, she pointed such errors out and put the "correct (she said we spelt contradictory wrong and she told us it was contradiktory)" spelling beside it and we lost a mark. Our English teacher wasnt even that bad.

All this with lots of other stuff. At least teh year is over.

All I expect from my teachers is that they know what they teach and expect from us what they set themselves.
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

if you said something like 'explanitory' she asked you what it meant
                Of course she would, it isn't a word. Now, "explanatory" on the other hand...
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Maybe she is trying to get you to use the English language properly.

And if she is being a bitch you have recourse. Take Mom or Dad in for a little talk with the Principal.

Comment

Well if she could use it herself it wouldnt be a problem. I dont have to put up with her next years anyway, the school year is over.
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I know you're not going to believe me, I wouldn't have when I was in high school, but usually teachers are right and students either misrepresent what is going on, dont really understand the situation, or are just wrong. Especially if you can't spell the word problem.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        I know you're not going to believe me, I wouldn't have when I was in high school, but usually teachers are right and students either misrepresent what is going on, dont really understand the situation, or are just wrong. Especially if you can't spell the word problem.
                        So true, I remember being told similar things as a student. Along with "It's the easiest job you'll ever have" and others. 10 years later, I gotta agree....but refuse to admit!

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                          Yup, they can't lay a hand on you, just a detention or ISS....if you are going to say something....go all out!...
                          Yeah that will look great on your college apps! If you're a jerk to your teacher and you have a borderline grade that you want bumped up, don't expect any help. My wife and both my parents are all teachers. When I was in high school (mid 90s) we respected our teachers because they deserve the respect for putting up with little smartass $hitheads.
                          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I could go on for months, but I'll just pick the "Worst of the Worst"...

My 6th grade Math teacher (we rotated classes there to give us the feel for middle school) seemed to hate the world & everything in it. She had no problem chewing out kids & if they had one problem with something in the context of the math, she'd let them have it. She was a 100% b*tch. She also had me intimidated...any time I'd go back into the elementary school in following years, I would always try & avoid seeing her.

9th Grade Biology teacher...nice person, but ran us through a 52 chapter book in 36 weeks. We would sometimes have two or even three chapter tests a week, notes out the yin-yang, and we were never given the study hall we were slated to have twice a week, which I could've used sometimes.

10th Grade English teacher (plenty of English teachers mentioned in this thread, I see)...we believe she had some mental problems. Would either be having a really good day, where she'd pump us full of stories about her kids (who were in college), or a really bad day where the smallest thing would set her off. And despite the fact that we had some bad kids in our class, she always seemed to vent her anger & scapegoat 3 of my friends...a smart & reasonably quiet girl & her twin & another girl who sat next to them, none of which ever did anything wrong. I didn't have anything against the teacher until she started on my friends, at which point I got a negative attitude about her.

College Algebra 113 teacher (doing this to earn college credit instead of doing it at my High School)....The epitome of arrogance. IMO, she had the attitude of "I really don't want to be here & I don't give a sh!t about you bastards." She'd smart off to students who needed help in class, would say while reviewing homework "We've already done this stuff too much...I'm not doing this again, you're on your own after this." Just an overall bitch. I was struggling (even though I did the same stuff last year @ my high school), so I dropped the class & have planned to lay out my schedule so as to avoid her in the future. And through all that, she was "Miss Perfect". I wanted to punch her out.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                              Originally posted by PIAA310
                              Yup, they can't lay a hand on you, just a detention or ISS....if you are going to say something....go all out!...
                              Yeah that will look great on your college apps! If you're a jerk to your teacher and you have a borderline grade that you want bumped up, don't expect any help. My wife and both my parents are all teachers. When I was in high school (mid 90s) we respected our teachers because they deserve the respect for putting up with little smartass $hitheads.
                              First of all my grades are good...I don't need to worry about that

"My wife and both my parents are all teachers."

THats good for you.
                              ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                                Except she didn't really like guys either...
                                just like the one im having trouble with
                                yeah, she didn't think I was able to read and/or write.

I want to go back and say "I'm in AP English now bitch!"

Comment

Working...
                                X