X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    IMO, 6 or 7 dollars isn't expensive for something indestructible like that. Plus you look like a cool backpacker dude if you have one.
    And if it breaks, they'll replace it for free!

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    IMO, 6 or 7 dollars isn't expensive for something indestructible like that. Plus you look like a cool backpacker dude if you have one.

Leave a comment:

• Asian Brushstroke
    replied
    I have 3 at home (not really mine, actually), and I've seen at least two other people at school who have one. It's really quite funny when you're having lunch with a group of friends and a number of them have the same water bottle as yours.

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
    The company used to make chemical storage containers for places like labs and factories. At an executive board meeting, they handed out these waterbottles, which were a mini version of their products. Everyone liked them so much that they decided to sell them. Sales immediately skyrocketed and now the company sells almost exclusively water bottles.
    Wow, that's an interesting story - I never knew they were that expensive though.

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    Originally posted by ACman
    This is one of these things someone has made a metric tonne of money of of. Just like the guy who invented those tabs on the shoe-laces. Or other stuff. I want.
    Yeah. The company used to make chemical storage containers for places like labs and factories. At an executive board meeting, they handed out these waterbottles, which were a mini version of their products. Everyone liked them so much that they decided to sell them. Sales immediately skyrocketed and now the company sells almost exclusively water bottles.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    I have a funny Nalgene story...

I was camping in a field one night and I woke up around 2:00am to take a sip of water. I immediately start getting bitten by ants all over my hand and around my mouth. It was the most awful thing to happen. I spiked the bottle like a football to knock the ants off, moved my sleeping bag and went back to sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    My stainless steel one does me fine.

Leave a comment:

• TangoSierraVictor
    replied
    It's probably not just useful as a water bottle, for the $15 you can use the product as a soup carrier, a inconspicuous hip flask, a piggy bank and the article also has a use for the publicly irreverent.

Btw ScreamingEmu, love the festive pic

Tango

Leave a comment:

• ACman
    replied
    This is one of these things someone has made a metric tonne of money of of. Just like the guy who invented those tabs on the shoe-laces. Or other stuff. I want.

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad1711
    Originally posted by Genessee
    For $15 thats gotta be one hell of a water bottle!
    Indestructable, wide-mouth, metered...
    They are about $9 if you get a good deal.

Anyway, they are'nt indestructable. I've seen them break using only a rope and a tree.

Mine says Yale on it and it has an "If it aint Boeing, I'm not going!" sticker.

Leave a comment:

• Brad1711
    replied
    Originally posted by Genessee
    Indestructable, wide-mouth, metered...

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Yeah...I love mine...I always take it with me when I go play raquetball!

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    I have a eddy bauer target knockoff for 3 bucks. I've thrown it against the wall bout 50 times.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    there is no way in hell that I'm going to pay $15+ for a freaking water bottle. I've had the same water bottle that I use for hockey that's been hit by so many pucks and its still ticking...cost me $3

Leave a comment:

• chrisburns
    replied
    I have a UND one, it kicks @ss.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X