Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a Computer

Hello Folks,

I am going to be purchasing a computer soon, a notebook I might add. I have no idea what kind to purchase. I have no knowledge of notebooks whatsoever. Do you reccommend an Apple a Dell a Gateway a Fujitsu? Thanks for any help!
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

I have a Dell... and I like it.. works just fine.

PS. I got a pretty decent deal by buying a refurbished model... (they had some big promos going on, and that's why the price was pretty decent)

Comment

I got a Dell, and I highly recommend it. Its absolutely great, i've had no hassles whatsoever so far.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

The thing is I had always heard the Dells get really hot when they are running. I know others do but I read a story about a Professor who had 2nd degree burns on his leg after using it on his legs. They don't get that hot or do they?
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

For imaging get a Mac. It comes with iPhoto which is one of the best imaging programs. For text use notebook paper.

Comment

SONY VAIOs are excellent, and generally well-priced. My dad has had a VAIO with an AMD Duron processor for two years and it is still going strong.

(Only problem is he bought it in the US and took it back to Australia - which has a different voltage - and it kept blowing up power converters until we got a 'step-up' converter that looks like and weighs as much as a brick).
            AIRIGAMI.NET
            http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

I have a Compaq. It's about 8 months old, it's a great comp but I need to call the technicians over cause there are a few problems.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Don't buy any name brand computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 IBM pcs and some no-name computer. They are all just about the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except IBM charged us a couple hundred dollars for having their name on the case!!!!!!

What's important is the hard-drive, memory, processor, speed, video and sound cards...
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Even though I have a Compaq my next computer is going to be a Mac. Mac's are simple better computers hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                    I got a Dell, and I highly recommend it. Its absolutely great, i've had no hassles whatsoever so far.
                    you the best !!

i got a dell too, and it is great!

Comment

Working...
                    X