Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisdom teeth - What was Evolution thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom teeth - What was Evolution thinking?

Yes. had both right wisdom teeth pulled this Monday. The operation was pretty harmless, although when pulling out the upper right it felt like the doctor tried to press my head into a vice, but still, no pain. But now, it's Wednesday, the right side of my face still looks like a friggin' ballon, I haven't eaten since Sunday, the gum at the operated areas are slowly enclosing my backteeht, and the wounds still hurt like hell, even though I have now tried Aspirin, Ibuprofen and Vanquish, but nothing helps. I feel really dirty. So for those who also had their wisdom teeth pulled, any tips to overcome the pain (besides cooling the area)?

-Colin

3rd and 4th day are the worst. Mostly because u have no more patience for it.
    But it will turn soon enough.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

one of mine was shaped like a J, that took quite a bit of work to get out! aiiee! Was pretty painless though for the first few days, then I ran out of Advil!

Comment

Well, what can I say, had to go the doctor again, because the swelling just kept getting bigger. Dr. said there were some complications, so he decided it is needed to place some gauze in my gum, so now, the swelling is slowly getting smaller, but the gauze hurts like hell, and I could really need some morphine now (or some dope, which seems to be easier to get ).

-Colin

Comment

Re:

Try doing something that requires your brain to concentrate, like practicing landings with a 40kt crosswind. I know it sounds dumb, but believe me, it works! Also, since you're in Germany, try taking homeopathic medicines. They work better than most other stuff. Consult a doc before you take 'em though.

Good luck!

Foxtrot

Comment

Hang in there Colin!!

Here is my ordeal with Wisdom Teeth:

Don't worry man. Before you know it, It will be over. Those stitches will begin to work their way out.. you'll be eating normal food (Soft :P) and the only thing you'll have to remeber it by are those nasty bloody teeth that are in the plasitc bag and these holes in the back of your mouth.

It's been about 1/2 a year now for me and the holes are still there.. but they are very shallow and practically gone. ..

JUST MAKE SURE TO CLEAN YOUR MOUTH LIKE THE DOC SAID!!! It's no fun to get the cavities infected and have to go back to the dentists!! I washed my mouth out 3-4 times a day with warm salty water the first week! You should too! It helps prevent the infections. And if you have anit-biotics.. TAKE EM! They too will help prevent the "dry sockets" and all that crap.

Let us know how you are recovering.. and look on the bright side. Come the holidays, you'll be healed and feeling great!

-Adam

Comment

Hang in there man I have had two surgerys in the mouth, and my face looked like a baloon also.
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Adam . I look foward to eating any food at all again, since I haven't eaten anything since Sunday. The positive side-effect is that I have already lost 10 pounds since Sunday . And now that the anti-biotica are working, my face is finally getting smaller again.
                @Foxtrot:
                Homeopathic medicines are a nice thing, but the problem is they are hard to get, and even more expensive than normal medications.

-Colin

Comment

I get mine out friday.
                  My photos on jp.net

Comment

mucho pudding and advil....i was told 600 mg of iuprofen (or however you spell it) every 4 hours...plus loratab every 6

Comment

I have all four wisdom teeth. They sometimes come in and my gums get a little raw but they don't hurt I can't remember the last time that happened anyway. I have no intention of getting them removed if I don't have to.

Mike
                      Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                      lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
                        I have all four wisdom teeth. They sometimes come in and my gums get a little raw but they don't hurt I can't remember the last time that happened anyway. I have no intention of getting them removed if I don't have to.
                        Not even so you can show them off?!

"Well MINE were << THIS >> big!"

Edit: actually, even better if their are still in .. hrmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                          3rd and 4th day are the worst. Mostly because u have no more patience for it.
                          But it will turn soon enough.
                          I definetely agree with you on that! last Christmas was hell for me!

I was eating a solid meal the night after my operation so it was not really that big of a deal other than the food that got stuck in the stitches...thats what hurt like a bitch!

-Pete
                          Pete Ganabathi
                          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

not fun

Had mine removed like 4 years ago, NOT FUN! I had all 4 removed at the same time, but luckily they knocked me out for the surgery. For some reason I bled a lot, my mom had to go back to the store to get more gauze pads because I used them all up. I remember falling asleep with a bowl under my mouth the first afternoon. To pass the time, I slept. Take the pain killers, go to sleep. Wake up long enough to take somemore and go to sleep. I didn't eat for a week.

Comment

not fun

Had mine removed like 4 years ago, NOT FUN! I had all 4 removed at the same time, but luckily they knocked me out for the surgery. For some reason I bled a lot, my mom had to go back to the store to get more gauze pads because I used them all up. I remember falling asleep with a bowl under my mouth the first afternoon. To pass the time, I slept. Take the pain killers, go to sleep. Wake up long enough to take somemore and go to sleep. I didn't eat for a week.

Comment

Working...
                              X