Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who works for an Airline? (or in Aviation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formerly a CSR/Ramprat at Midwest *Express* Airlines....great job, but school's more important right now, we'll see what happens after graduation
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

Comment

Work for the airlines will be free to flights anywhere?

Comment

Who works for an Airline? (or in Aviation)

Hopefully soon for Airbus. And you could say that when I had my 3-week practical course 8 years ago I was already working for Airbus .

-Colin

Comment

I'm a Loadmaster, on a DC10 operating mainly around Africa.

RJP
          View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
            There's me and Canyon Blue who work for WN.

ExpressJet145 - I'd say you work for an airPORT, not an airline.
            Im also a fueler..... While it is true we dont work for an airline..... your pretty much thier bitch when your fueling thier planes..... Not only do we have to know the diffrent types of aircraft, you have to know and be trained from each of the airlines manuals.....30 diffrent ways to get the same result.All in all, its said that you have to "put on that airlines cap" when you work on thier ramp... all that for minimum wage???? God Im glad Ive been there for 7 years!!!! ( im up to $6.50 now!!!!)......

Comment

Genessee : No wiring for me. We fix cabin seats, galleys, lavatory modules. During a D-check on the 737 we strip almost the whole AC inside, PSU's, overhead bins, ceiling/sidewall panels etc. The only job that really stinks inside the aircraft is removing / installing insulation mats. I can handle working with toilet tanks, but insulation... bah... that's a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentJaY
                Genessee : No wiring for me. We fix cabin seats, galleys, lavatory modules. During a D-check on the 737 we strip almost the whole AC inside, PSU's, overhead bins, ceiling/sidewall panels etc. The only job that really stinks inside the aircraft is removing / installing insulation mats. I can handle working with toilet tanks, but insulation... bah... that's a nightmare.
                Pulling everything out of the aircraft sounds like it could be fun. Taking things apart has been a hobby since I could hold a screwdriver

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                  Anyone can take something apart,

engineers have the skill of putting it back better than the condition it came in
                  Now thats the trick! So far the best thing I've taken apart to 'improved' is a DVD Player/XBox/PS2/GCN all in one cabinet...I forgot to add the alarm clock to make it marketable though!

Comment

Well y'all I'm impressed. Much more airline employees that I thought.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                      Pulling everything out of the aircraft sounds like it could be fun. Taking things apart has been a hobby since I could hold a screwdriver
                      It can be fun. It depends how much money you can find :P or if you run a "who can find the most corrosion" game. If i had to just follow the cards and "remove this / install that" it would be damn boring. We have to make it so much fun we can. I've got a few photos with the cabin all stripped down, but i can't put them online. (got no host)

Comment

Former Ramprat, former Ramp Supervisor, former Dispatcher for a handling company with 24 years in aviation behind my belt. Company closed its doors due to heavy competition a year ago. Now I'm trying to get back into the handling business. But... I'm 48 now, and considered to "old"..... I've tried a couple of other jobs, but aviation is the way of life I like the most.

Tillerman.
                        They locked up a man
                        who wanted to rule the world
                        The fools
                        They locked up the wrong man

-Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate

Comment

Tillerman, we are "experienced" not "old" (I'm 48 too!)

I've looked at other jobs outside aviation (it would be nice to not work midnights and holidays etc) but aviation is too much fun. I've been working around planes and airports since I was 13.

Comment

I was formerly with WestJet before I took my current position which is non-aviation related.

I was there from late 2001-Early 2002... back when only a handful of 73G's existed and Hamilton was as far east as they flew. I'm amazed at how much times have changed...

Kinda like my current job... 15 employees when i started back in March 2002, and now there are 350+.
                            My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Currently work for bmi British Midland in reservations. I mainly deal with calls into the Diamond Club .
                              E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

I'm the lead technition for Embry-Riddle Airlines

Embry - Riddle Airlines is a fictional airline made for the schools CRJ ftd
                                Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                                X