Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who works for an Airline? (or in Aviation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur2004
    replied
    I'm looking to get my start with the industry (currently a miserable Ft target for upper management BS at a grocery store! ) I applied with JetBlue's Live TV but never herd back from them recently applied with Airtran... Any advice for a beginner in the biz?

Leave a comment:

• Novarupta0712
    replied
    I'm an Air Traffic Control Assistant at V.C. Bird Int'l (TAPA/ANU)

Leave a comment:

• Stephen Toernblom
    replied
    I kick chocks at jetBlue.

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    ahhhh the challenge of "real" flight training.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I feel like I'm at a job when I'm flying at ERAU.. ()

-Adam

Leave a comment:

• NOTAR520AC
    replied
    Originally posted by mikecweb
    I'm the lead technition for Embry-Riddle Airlines
    Mike can't spell!

I want to start an airline as risky as it sounds.

Leave a comment:

• YWG Chick
    replied

CSA, and Daily Duty Coordinator for WestJet (I'm sure most of you figured that out already)

Leave a comment:

• aquiros
    replied
    I used to be a Flight Instructor (CFII) for Pelican Flight Training Center inHollywood, FL, but I moved back to my home country (Costa Rica) 2 weeks ago and I'll be working as a Flight Instructor near San Jose.

Leave a comment:

• mikecweb
    replied
    I'm the lead technition for Embry-Riddle Airlines

Embry - Riddle Airlines is a fictional airline made for the schools CRJ ftd

Leave a comment:

• v1images
    replied
    Currently work for bmi British Midland in reservations. I mainly deal with calls into the Diamond Club .

Leave a comment:

• A332
    replied
    I was formerly with WestJet before I took my current position which is non-aviation related.

I was there from late 2001-Early 2002... back when only a handful of 73G's existed and Hamilton was as far east as they flew. I'm amazed at how much times have changed...

Kinda like my current job... 15 employees when i started back in March 2002, and now there are 350+.

Leave a comment:

• ptbodale
    replied
    Tillerman, we are "experienced" not "old" (I'm 48 too!)

I've looked at other jobs outside aviation (it would be nice to not work midnights and holidays etc) but aviation is too much fun. I've been working around planes and airports since I was 13.

Leave a comment:

• Tillerman
    replied
    Former Ramprat, former Ramp Supervisor, former Dispatcher for a handling company with 24 years in aviation behind my belt. Company closed its doors due to heavy competition a year ago. Now I'm trying to get back into the handling business. But... I'm 48 now, and considered to "old"..... I've tried a couple of other jobs, but aviation is the way of life I like the most.

Tillerman.

Leave a comment:

• AgentJaY
    replied
    Originally posted by Genessee
    Pulling everything out of the aircraft sounds like it could be fun. Taking things apart has been a hobby since I could hold a screwdriver
    It can be fun. It depends how much money you can find :P or if you run a "who can find the most corrosion" game. If i had to just follow the cards and "remove this / install that" it would be damn boring. We have to make it so much fun we can. I've got a few photos with the cabin all stripped down, but i can't put them online. (got no host)

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    Well y'all I'm impressed. Much more airline employees that I thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X