Photography Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Jobs

I'm really wanting to get into a photography job but I dont know how to get one, I really dont want to go into a 4 year college or even a 2 year one. I dont want to do any classes of english or history I only want to do photography. So how do I go about of getting a photography job.

Nick

Probably one more good reason to believe I am an American who ultimately got the WRONG papers !!! My idea, off course not feasable in France, is how about approaching the different newspapers and ads/classified magazines operating in your area. First I would drive around and pick all the illustrated classifieds, then ask them if ....they can include you at least as an (often unpaid) intern,
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Re: Photography Jobs

I've been shooting for various wires, papers and other outlets for over 20 years now and frankly without a journalism degree, photography degree or an English major, most editorial outlets will just turn you away. I would suggest starting with a small weekly, become an associate member of the NPPA www.nppa.org , full membership is granted when you land your first paying job. You can also view new job listings via http://journalismjobs.com , click on wires and newspapers.

Bottom line is that 98% of those shooting professionally (present company included) have degrees. While a degree is NOT required, your competition in a shrinking job market will likely have one.

Aldo

Originally posted by DevilDog
      I'm really wanting to get into a photography job but I dont know how to get one, I really dont want to go into a 4 year college or even a 2 year one. I dont want to do any classes of english or history I only want to do photography. So how do I go about of getting a photography job.

Nick

Comment

Two people I know from my highschool photography classes went on to decent careers. One works for an ad agency (he went to university) and the other printed photos for a few years (by hand at a small shop). I heard he now owns his own shop.

Comment

Nick
          You cant get earn good money.

Comment

Hey ALDO
            Thanks again for giving me two more reasons thinks are smoother than in France. Just included your two webadress in my Zire21 pda
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
              Hey ALDO
              Thanks again for giving me two more reasons thinks are smoother than in France. Just included your two webadress in my Zire21 pda
              Alain
              No problem, Alain. Perhaps you should think about defecting

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99

Aldo
                Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                  Originally posted by uy707
                  Hey ALDO
                  Alain

Aldo
                  I am planning, just the lack of dough prevents me to proceed faster with these plans

Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Nick
                    Get a full education. It's worth it. In the mean time start building a portfolio of only your most spectacular shots.
                    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                    X