Christmas Bonus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Bonus?

In the Aviation forum, I posted a news item regarding a dispute at Pearson Int'l Airport over the christmas bonuses (Pearson dispute delays flights).

I heard about it on the radio this morning while driving to work, and they asked the question, 'Do you expect a bonus?'.

So I was wondering ... Does anyone here expect a bonus at this time of the year? Regardless of what is celebrated (if anything), it seems alot of people DO actually think of a bonus as part of their pay.

I myself don't expect money. I'm content with a 'good job' and a hand shake every once in a while though out the year and some extra time off at the end of the year that's NOT part of my holiday time.

This year however, there is an extra $200 per employee ...So thats pretty sweet, I didn't think there would be any extra left. Money to waste on boxing day is always welcome Last year, income wasn't so great and there was nothing.

Just wondered what people here though of bonuses .. Your right to get one? or a nice thing to get but not expected?

Psshhtt... the only way I'm getting a bonus is if I work for it ....

I work on solely commisions...
    www.acairport.com

Comment

This year my company gave us an extra two weeks pay!!! Which allowed me to pay for everything in cash vs using a credit card which I hate doing.

Comment

What's a christmas bonus? I've never had one of them!

Darren
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazbo5
          What's a christmas bonus? I've never had one of them!

Darren
          its like a raise for one day. rangeing anyware from 100 to 7000 bucks or more.
          -Kevin

Comment

I got $50, which I really needed and appreciated.

Mike
            Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
            lp.org

Comment

why do people get upset when they don't get a Christmas bonus or get a minimal one? the company never promised you a gift, at least no company i have worked for ever guaranteed a gift?
              if i got one, great. if not, who cares.
              ...HOWEVER...
              i do find it insulting to give someone something very very insigificant. its best just not to give anything.
              www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
                I got $50, which I really needed and appreciated.

Mike
                Sounds like my employer. After taxes, the $50 buck was more like $46 and some change. The best Christmas bonuses I ever got was at a grocery store I worked at. Part-time employees got a bonus of their pay rate multiplied by 8 hours, full timers got a week's pay as a Christmas bonus. The worst was @ AirTran; all they gave us was an AirTran shotglass, which got used that night after work!

Comment

My work gives us alot of parties and food that we don't have to pay for and once a week during the xmas rush my boss gives us a free dinner usually a pizza order. it is very nice and I truly appreciate it/. However on Jan 1 due to the illinois stae min wage is going up our boss has to give us a "raise" of 1 dollar per hour to 6.50 per hour now. So this will be nice.

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I've heard of one place that gave out chickens for a "bonus"

Comment

I got ya all beat. I work at the Public Library here, a year and a half of faithful service and I get...a coaster. A cardboard coaster. I'll snap a pic of it sometime.
                      It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Two weeks for me..
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I get my 2 weeks of paid vacation each year, 11 paid holidays and an end of the year cash bonus worth 3 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                            I get my 2 weeks of paid vacation each year, 11 paid holidays and an end of the year cash bonus worth 3 figures.
                            What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                              Originally posted by c72
                              What do you do?
                              I work hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X