JP.net Chicago MDW Meet March 5th, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP.net Chicago MDW Meet March 5th, 2005

Well folks a few of us are going to be meeting up in Chicago on March 5th.

So far it's me and [email protected] (Alex Trude).

Would anyone else like to join?

We would love to meet up for a few hours and take photos and hand out.

Let us know.

We are both flying Southwest Airlines!

My Itinerary:

Saturday, March 5 - Orlando(MCO) to Chicago Midway(MDW) via St. Louis (STL)
    Flight 351
    Depart Orlando(MCO) at 11:05 AM and
    arrive in Chicago Midway(MDW) at 02:10 PM

Saturday, March 5 - Chicago Midway(MDW) to Orlando(MCO)
    Flight 1698
    Depart Chicago Midway(MDW) at 05:30 PM and
    arrive in Orlando(MCO) at 09:00 PM

Alex's Itinerary:

Saturday, March 5 - St. Louis(STL) to Chicago Midway(MDW)
    Flight 351
    Depart St. Louis(STL) at 01:05 PM and

Saturday, March 5 - Chicago Midway(MDW) to St. Louis(STL)
    Flight 2145
    Depart Chicago Midway(MDW) at 05:55 PM and
    arrive in St. Louis(STL) at 07:00 PM

Hope you guys can make it...all are welcome!!!!!!!

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Hey guys!!

Yea can u believe it i actually booked a flight and on Southwest too Anyway me and pete we didn't plan to fly together into MDW I said book 351 it arrives at the same I do and then when I looked on my schedule I realized that it was the same flight and he'd stop in STL good side is he can save me a seat if I don't get the A Card, but I am deaf ill use that to my benefit and pre-board hehe. Anyway, its a good time for us to meet we all get to fly and I want to experince MDW so bad and Southwest as well iv been watching too much Airline haha Anyway come one and come all guys!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

One of the main reasons I wanted to fly SWA was from watching Airline....can't wait to try an airline i've been dreading for almost as long as I've liked aviation....Should be good! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

-Pete
      Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Well it looks like MemphisBelle is joining us too!

Her Itinerary:

Saturday, March 5 - Orlando(MCO) to Chicago Midway(MDW) via St. Louis (STL)
        Flight 351
        Depart Orlando(MCO) at 11:05 AM and

Saturday, March 5 - Chicago Midway(MDW) to Orlando(MCO)
        Flight 1698
        Depart Chicago Midway(MDW) at 05:30 PM and
        arrive in Orlando(MCO) at 09:00 PM

So far it's me, Alex, and Jess!

Anyone else?

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Hey- I live in Chicago so I could try and meet up...like outside the secured area or something. Keep me posted...i've been talking with alex about this for a while now!

Hope I can meet some people!

Patrick

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
          October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

most likely i can come!! because ill be done with SATS so im FREEE
            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

I'll be there. Heres some information about MDW. Sorry its pasted in from MSN format.

Pete says:
              what can we do in MDW?
              Patrick says:
              ugh...theres not much outside security.
              Patrick says:
              your flight will arrive on the middle level of the B concourse
              Pete says:
              oh ok
              Patrick says:
              go downstairs- there are baggage claims, offices, and a coffee kiosk and go upstairs and you have all the airline check in desks
              Patrick says:
              everything is inside security, but hopefully all of you will be able to come out for a little while, MDW is not busy at the time
              Patrick says:
              all the restaurants are in the center between the A B anc C concorses.
              Pete says:
              oh sweet
              Pete says:
              we'll have to do lunch
              Pete says:
              then we can try to do some spotting
              Patrick says:
              A Concourse is Frontier, Northwest, ATA and ATA Connection B Concourse is Southwest, Delta, AirTran, ATA and C Concourse has American and CO.
              Patrick says:
              for spotting...you've probally seen the pics- I'm not sure really how to get there...some people DO walk, but it is sort of far
              Patrick says:
              I can't stay that long...I'll probably only be able to meet you all as you walk out, say hi and I'll probably have to go to the parking garage
              Patrick says:
              Alex says you have a 4 hour layover- you can go directly across from security and straight into the parking garage and you can take the train right into Downtown Chicago and it takes 25 minutes.
              Pete says:
              sweet
              Pete says:
              it will be cool patrick
              Pete says:
              we'll have to take some pics of all of us together!
              Patrick says:
              yeah! that would be great. You can then fill me in on all the fun
              Pete says:
              for sure
              Patrick says:
              if you wanna risk time and go into Chicago- you can actually go up a level and print out your boarding passes from a Kiosk or check in online from the return flight before you leave for MCO and get all the passes and take the train- its a great thing to do and its fun.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
              October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

MDW? I know nothing about it.

I will probably be working that day until 2pm so I can come up from the lower levels I call work and join you.

KMC

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Click Here to view my photography website!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcphoto1011
                  MDW? I know nothing about it.

I will probably be working that day until 2pm so I can come up from the lower levels I call work and join you.

KMC
                  Hey That sounds nice, we have to go down there anyway to meet Patrick so it should work out nicely. You think you can track , Pete, jess, and Mine's flight into MDW and snap a picture for us? If you can't no worry but if u can it would be awesome.

So far we have 3 CONFIRMED going to MDW, Patrick i believe we can list as a confirmed but i want his confirmed to say it. And how about you MCPHOTO? Cna we have a cofnirm for you? And for those who want to fly in, you do not HAVE to fly WN, but it IS easier if u can so we can meet better. If you DO decide to book a flight on WN to MDW and your coming from the west, try to route through STL so u can fly with us as well into MDW, otherwise try to arriev between 1:30pm and 2:30pm at MDW from whereever your coming from. and for those driving in like Patrick and MCPHOTO then we can meet you guys whenever you can come down.

Alex

Comment

I would love to join y'all but it would end up costing me about $500 and I would only be at MDW for less than an hour. Maybe next time...
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Question...

Why are all of you going on a late flight? Couldn't you guys take a 6-7am flight and get there early or take a later flight out? What's the point meeting for only in less then 3 hours? I would like to go but I think just spending at the airport for 2 hours is well, kinda...pointless, IMHO...

Oh yea, BTW, Southwest is planning on getting rid of the "first-come, first serve" seating basis....it will be like everyone else, where you can pick your own seat.

Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

Kevin-
                        I am not allowed to leave the airport. And i only want to spend a few hours anyway at MDW. I was talking to pete about it and he said he would come. I had originaly planned to take a 11:00 flight, but, he said he wanted to fly with me, and i saw a flight coming from MCO to STL was going to MDW as well so I thought ill book that flight, then pete and jess can book that, and then they can fly to STL, sit on the plane, wait for me to board and then we all fly together to MDW. we land about 2:00pm. thats about 3 hrs or so at MDW, enough time to eat, and then walk around and get a brief tour and maybe go down to meet Patrick and MCPHOTO if he comes too. I dont want to stay all day. Then pete said we should let the people at jp.net kno about it so if they want to try for it then they can. we aren't forcing u guys to come just letting u guys kno we are here and if u want to meet us here is ur chance. It was something i was going to do myself regardless if anyone else could come or not. If i was going to leave the airport and do stuff in the city of chicago then id book an earlier flight but im not. I am only doing it to fly Southwest again and to see MDW cause iv only flown to ORD. Also regarding the later flights, my flight to STL IS the last flight to STL, no flight leaves later then 6:00pm. Pete and Jess has the option of flying later but it is not n/s and theyd be by themselves for a bit after I leave, they'd be bored. So they thought itd be cool if we left at the same time and see if we would end up being behind each other in flight as we both fly in a southerly direction except im more southwest and he is southeast.

Regarding the seats, when did you hear this, and when does this take effect? Bceasue we already booked our tickets and they hadn't given us an option to choose seats.
                        Alex

Comment

As far as tracking the flight, piece of corn, I mean cake. I will snap the picture for you.

As far as SWA getting rid of the first come; first serve seating policy, that is just a rumor, we won't be getting rid of that, at least not in the foreseeable future.

Chances are, Patrick will not be able to get through security. It is not a very far walk to the White Castle and it would prove to be a perfect set-up for spotting if 31C is in use for landing aircraft.

As the day gets closer, I will be able to get A/C number, series, and a general idea on how heavy the loads will be.

Take Care,
                          Kevin

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Click Here to view my photography website!!!

Comment

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

-Pete
                            Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Change the location to SXM and I will be there otherwise I will be sunning myself on the beach................ Hope you all freeze you butts off in cooooooollllllllldddddddd MDW then

Comment

Working...
                              X