No announcement yet.

JP.net Chicago MDW Meet March 5th, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would really like to go seeing as that's when spring break starts for me, but 99.999% sure i wont go. oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by mcphoto1011
      I was thinking that once everyone arrives, we can all venture out to the White Castle, order some sliders, and spot. Of course 31C would have to be used that do to make the spotting effective.
      I think that would be the best as I hear MDW is a dump. I flew outta MDW once on Airtran to ATL via PNS. Mcphoto, if you do come out, could you possible be there before noon? That's what time I'm thinking on coming and leave Saturday evening back to DC.

Kevin

Comment

I will most certainly be there. I will be scheduled to work from 0530-1400 that day. I close out our overtime at noon and it usaully takes an hour.

MDW is a totally different airport, brand new. I am guessing the last time you flew in, the old terminals were still up and running.

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Click Here to view my photography website!!!

Comment

Guys-

I do not want to go to white castle. You guys can go, I did not plan to go out and meet people. I only did this to just fly Southwest again and to experince and tour MDW. Thats why I scheduled such a short time at MDW, literally in and out. So, if u guys will be inside the airport, feel free to come find me and ill hapily meet you, otherwise i am not leaving the airport and the secured area. sorry.

Alex
          Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
            Hehehe Jess Not a problem!!!

I love u think im nice lol. well i just HAD to invite u jess along with Pete how could I NOT?!? Just PLEASE Behave with me!!

Alex

LOL----I'll try my best!!!

Comment

Hey guys. More updates.

We have 5 CONFIRMED MEMBERS going on flight 351 to MDW.

Alex Trude(myself)
              Pete Ganabathi
              Jess Luttman
              Patrick Schilgden
              Andrew Ferguson

The basic itinrary for myself is, I will arrive at STL Airport about 10:00am, possibly earlier, and meet up with Andrew. We will check in for our Flight. Then go meet Patrick, who will be arriving in on Flight 755 from MDW at 9:45am. Meet him at the gate, then say our hellos, and then we will walk around the STL Airport and check out the AA stuff, grab some photos, etc etc. Then back to the Southwest gates and get ready to board for our Flight to MDW. Plane lands, then get on board (hopefully, Ryan behind the wheel ) and meet Pete and Jess. We all fly off to MDW. Get off and then meet, im assuming Kevin(from MDW)? Let us know how that goes. I figure we can grab a quick bite to eat or something, and then I myself want to tour the MDW Airport for a bit and I believe Andrew does as well. Patrick I assume will want to as well, as Jess and Pete. I do not want to leave the Secured Area. Then once we are done, I will walk Pete and Jess to their gates, and say bye and make sure they r board to MCO. Then walk back and make sure Andrew is safely on board to STL. Then Patrick will go home whenever he feels like it. Then a friend of mine who lives in chicago will pick em up and Ill hang out with her overnight and she will drive me back to MDW for me to fly back to STL on Flight 755 (yes, same as Patrick a day earlier ). Scheduled Aircrafts are..
              FLIGHT 351 737-300
              FLIGHT 2145 737-300
              FLIGHT 755 737-700
              FLIGHT 1698 737-700
              Again remember they are all scheduled, and knowing Southwest coudl easily change on a day notice.

we are ALL Booked on Flight 351 into MDW. I am hoping that Canyonblue, also a member of this website, since he is a pilot for Southwest Airlines, he said he will try to fly Flight 351 into MDW, he is based in OAK so once he goes home he will check to see if he can bid flight 351 MCO-STL-MDW and fly us all into MDW (which would be really awesome). So I am hoping to hear more from him on that.

I myself have a bit of a dilemma here. Since I am the only one spending the night in chicago, I have to check a bag as I do not want to carry it around with me in STL. However once I land i have to get my bag from the baggage claim at MDW. This involves me leaving the secured area. How will I be able to return? Because I obviously want to stay in the secured Area and visit with all of you guys. Any MDW people know a way around this? Because I dont plan to leave the Airport until 5 or 6:00pm. However, if I carry it on, I have to carry it all around in STL(which i will be there for 3 hrs) and MDW(also another 3 hrs), is my only optin these? just carry it around, or check it and pick it up at MDW and just not return to the Secured Area?

Anyway, this is the new update and Pete and Jess and Patrick I want to hear your itinerary on what you will do until you get to STL. Thanks

Alex
              Last edited by ATrude777; 2005-01-15, 21:38.

Comment

As Alex has stated I will look it up and try to bid it if it's a OAK pairing. That way you'll have one of SWA's best stick and rudder guy behind the wheel....and if I fly you guys I expect a little gratitude,meaning when I bounce the landing at Midway...no laughing! I get enough of that from the captains!

Comment

I am still scheduled to work that day and it will not change. I will track the flight from orgin all the way to MDW, and, with the winds blessing, you will land on either 22L or 4R and I can get a good shot.

I will actually try to hook up with Patrick before he leaves on 775 so at least one person knows who to look for.

Looking forward to meeting a for jetphoto photographers and chatters.

Kevin Mc
                  SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                    Moved as this is off topic

I was wondering if I had lost my mind becasue I just saw it five minutes ago somewhere else.
                    SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Hmm..I probably can't make it. I am saving my money to go down to Florida and maybe ATL...But this sounds like fun!
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

Yeah this should be lots of fun! I'll be flying with all of you (Alex talked me into it ) on flight 351, I arrive that morning at 9:55am on flight 775 from MDW.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                        October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Me and Jess will be heading on Flight 351 to STL to meet up with Alex and the others, then head over to MDW from there. We'll hang around, meet everyone, take pics, grab a bite to eat before we head back to MCO on Flight 1698 at 530 pm.

Can't wait to meet all of you guys!

-Pete
                          Pete Ganabathi
                          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

hahaha me too, I was searching all over and went now wait a minute I KNOW i just posted this in the aviation forum. Not a problem tho, took me awhile to find it haha. Sounds great for everyone who posted, looking forward to this as well.

Alex
                            Last edited by ATrude777; 2005-01-16, 22:23.

Comment

Just felt like putting this in for the people who are going...ill be in STL in the morning, before 10:00.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                              October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Working...
                              X