Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were you when you heard about Sept. 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the library at school surfing on the net, of course, airliners.net when the first plane AND second play hit the towers. So I heard the news thru airliners.net and then i've heard teachers saying "oh my god" and stuff watching it on tv in the library. So I went to watch and then saw it....

Apparently my first class was over and then in physics class we had the windows all open becuase it was warm outside and we all heard a loud explosion and could smell the smokes from when the AA 757 hit the pentagon. We were watching the news throughout the day in school, apparenty some parents picked up their kids, of course, I had to stay all day. But on the drive home from school, roads were blocked, plice cars everywhere, the army carrying their rifles, and billowing dark pitched smoke everywhere.

After class, I walked over to the pentagon to check out the damage and to take some photographs of it. It was something I had never expect to see in my life.

Comment

I was at work testing a new website that included a life Reuters newsfeed I had just completed writing the day before.
      First item it retrieved was about an aircraft crashing into the WTC in New York...

That was the end of the workday basically as everyone tried to stay up to date with events, switching from newssite to newssite as they all were overloaded one after the other.

Comment

During my first and second period I kept on seeing my teachers listening to their radios quietly...then someone said something about a plane crash. At lunch the announcements went on. The principal explained the situation to us, and told us some small plane crashed into the WTC. Then we turned on the TV, and the towers were both collapsed already. They realized it was a "not so small" airplane. I couldn't believe my eyes. We had a moment of silence.

I went home after school and watched CNN for a couple of hours.

The next day at school, we stood for the American anthem and the regular Canadian anthem. We had a special prayer and a moment of silence again.
        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
        X