X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLcenter
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
    Youre under one of those silly things I love it when we get those, it means snows a comin'

When Georgia gets one of those, 46 year old women rush into all the supermarkets and buy enough instant grits to last a million years. And 99.9 per cent of the time, we get rain. Or at most, a layer of ice thin enough to get off with a credit card (like today...sure it looked cool, but I got all our ice off with my dad's Amex card)

Leave a comment:

• ASpilot2be
    replied
    Originally posted by srbmod
    We're under a Winter Weather Warning until 4 pm Saturday.
    Youre under one of those silly things I love it when we get those, it means snows a comin'

Leave a comment:

• begintowonder
    replied
    Sunshine, mid-60s!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well here in the ATL, we're getting ready for an ice storm that will start tonight. They're predicting anywhere between 1/4" to 1/2" of ice on my side of town. I guess I won't be going to work tomorrow! We're under a Winter Weather Warning until 4 pm Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• MaDbOy
    replied
    It became cooler, about 4C, we actually had 2CM of snow, and it's raining lightly now and then

Leave a comment:

• philip
    replied
    cloudy right now but it stopped snowing at least. -14C

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Welll, the air temperature yesterday morning was -29* (F) and the windchill was -41* (F). Still below zero right now (11:00 am).

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    No significant change since last thread.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• Foxtrot
    replied
    Re:

Well, 72 for a high on Monday, I get up this morning and it's 34 and raining and sleet's falling outside, and in a matter of half an hour, it's snowing. Denver-style, w/ near white-out conditions. Still ongoing as I type this, but the back edge of it is closing in.

Still, the parking lots are pretty much covered w/ white and the main roads are also a bit covered as well.

Foxtrot

Leave a comment:

• Van Hoolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Van Hoolio

Today: A 20 percent chance of showers before noon. Partly cloudy, with a high around 63. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 17 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.[/i]

I think I'll go ahead and change the oil on the car if it's going to be this nice. Probably the last 60 day for a while. It's supposed to be cold with snow chances next week.

Mike

That was the weather a week ago today. Right now, it's 8F (-13C). The spot on the back lawn where I changed the oil on my Camry is now covered with 10 inches of snow!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Foxtrot
    replied
    Re:

Well, more of the same here Pete. We have freezing rain and sleet, got some snow in between there also. Roads look nasty, but the worst of it is in NW OK again, where ice has accumulated upto an inch thick in some cities. Aaaiiiii... Then again, OK is famous for getting smacked by ice storms.

Foxtrot

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...CLARION PA-FOREST PA-JEFFERSON PA-MERCER PA-VENANGO PA- 858 AM EST WED JAN 5 2005
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST THURSDAY...

EXPECT A MIXTURE OF SNOW... SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN... BECOMING MAINLY FREEZING RAIN BY THIS AFTERNOON. FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE TO FALL TONIGHT AND INTO EARLY THURSDAY MORNING AS SURFACE TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN IN THE UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S.

SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT WITH MORE THAN A QUARTER INCH OF ICE POSSIBLE.

THIS TYPE OF ICE ACCUMULATION WILL PROVIDE DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS AND CAN BRING DOWN POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS. WALKWAYS WILL ALSO BECOME ICE COVERED AND DANGEROUS. TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE WARNING AREA IS DISCOURAGED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL TODAY PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE TEMPERATURE IN YOUR AREA AND THE CONDITIONS OF LOCAL ROADWAYS. TRY TO AVOID UNTREATED ROADWAYS. USE EXTREME CAUTION.

TEMPERATURES WILL BEGIN TO CLIMB OVERNIGHT AND SHOULD GO BACK ABOVE FREEZING EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

-Pete

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    Today is crappy/cloudy/rainy/low viz ceiling, temp skyrocketed to a tropical 10 celsius.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    wow--i think its well above 80 degrees

its t-shirt and shorts weather!!!

Leave a comment:

• NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
    replied
    Hows the weather?.....Crappy!

-Pete

Leave a comment: