Whats up with censorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with censorship?

Censorship on the TV these days is getting really crappy, you can easly see all kinds of viloence and killing and nasty close up plastic sugery on TV any time you like, but you can't say words like shit, or fuck or show naked people with out blocking everything below their face out. This makes no sense to me, whats going to effect a kid more, a normal naked body and a few bad words or a chopped up body?

And any human over 7 can easly tell what bad word is being blocked out on TV, and anybody who speaks english and knows a few bad words knows what they are realling saying when they censor out somthing like "bull sh*t" or "F***k this". I would say 93% of all kids are exposed to swearing through most of their child hood anyway. And why is it so bad to show naked people on TV? Its a normall thing anyway.

Anyway, this is a topic to complain about censorship and stuff.

P.S sorry for the poor quallity of the post, I'm kinda partied out right now if ya know what I mean...
    Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

I agree, I wish there wasn't censorship, it would make TV a lot better IMO. Oh well, I guess thats was R movies are for

Comment

Whats up with censorship?

I no what you mean. It's the same here in Germany. A whole lot of violence on TV, but if's there's a song with strong language, the bleeping starts. Just take Eamon:
      "*bleep* what I said,
      it don't mean *bleep*,
      *bleep* all those kisses,
      they didn't mean *bleep*,
      *bleep* you you *bleep*,
      I don't want you back"
      Or "My Band" from D12:
      (Intro)
      I don't know, dude ...
      I think everyone's all jealous and *BLEEP* cause I'm like, the lead singer of a band, dude ...
      And I think everyone's got a *BLEEP* problem with me dude ...
      And they need to take it up with me after the show
      Because...

They're all like Oh my God, it's him
      Becky, oh, my*BLEEP*God, it's Eminem
      I swear to *BLEEP* God, dude, you *BLEEP* rock
      Please won't you please let me *BLEEP* your *BLEEP*
      And by now the rest of the fellas get jealous...
      Yesterday Kuniva tried to *BLEEP* on me
      Because I told him Jessica Alba's my wife to be
      This rockstar *BLEEP*, it's the life for me
      And all the other guys just despise me...

(Verse 2- Swifty)
      You just wanna see a n*BLEEP* backwards, don't you...
      Cause my *BLEEP* is lookin' smaller than a decimal...
      (Verse 3- Kuniva and Konartis)
      Look at him, little *BLEEP* thinkin' he the *BLEEP*
      Yeah, I know, man, find himself takin' on a flick...

Ready to stap on a *BLEEP* fan
      Every time I'hear Hey dude, I love your band
      We ain't a band, *BLEEP*, we don't play instruments
      So why he get 90 and we only get 10 percent
      And these guys they can find every area code
      (Em: Proof, carry my bag)
      *BLEEP*, carry your own
      Can't make it to the stage, security in my way
      Who the *BLEEP* are you? Where's Obie and Dre?!

(Verse 5- Bizarre)
      *BLEEP* dammit, I'm sick of this group
      Time to go solo and make some loot
      I told you I made the beats and wrote all the raps
      Till Kon Artis slipped me some *BLEEP*
      Lose Yourself video I was in the back
      Superman video I was in the back
      From the media, I got some suggestions
      *BLEEP* Marshall, ask us the questions
      Like who's D12, how we get started
      What about Eminem?
      *BLEEP*, are you *BLEEP*?
      Anyway, I'm the popularest guy in the group
      *BLEEP* stomach, *BLEEP* think I'm cute
      Then 50 Cent told me to do sit-ups to get buff
      I did two and a half and then I couldn't get up
      *BLEEP* D12, I'm outta this band
      I'm gonna start a group with the real Roxanne

(Eminem)
      Girlm why can't you see you're the only one for me
      And it just tears my *BLEEP* apart to know that you don't know my name...
      It's so damn annoying. I mean, every 3rd-grader already knows what is being said and know the meaning of these words, so why even try to hide them? Oh well, just the typical Political Correctness .

-Colin

Comment

I really don't understand what youre talking about... too much asterisks for me...

Tillerman.
        They locked up a man
        who wanted to rule the world
        The fools
        They locked up the wrong man

-Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate

Comment

This country still has too many conservatives to do away with censorship, so I doubt it's going anywhere soon.
          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Your right, doesnt make sense at all. I thought those ratings (Y,14,M,18+ )
            ment that there is content thats not sutible for young people. Obviously they should allow swaring.

If ou watch south park , they block out the word "shit", But they wont block out people getting smushed, smashed, heads blown off, guts ect...
            Doesnt make sense. Or in CSI when they do the re-inacments they show blood, cutting, stabbing ect... but still block out swaring. Doesnt make sense

whats going to effect a kid more, a normal naked body and a few bad words or a chopped up body?
            Bingo, I think a few sware words wont scar or worp a child vs. cutting, blood, screams of murder, cutting, blowing heads off and guts.
            -Kevin

Comment

Double post.
              Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
              ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

The media industry is just downright double-standard in my opinion...

I think the band Korn lashed out at this in their song: "Y'all want a single, say [beep!] that! [Beeeep!] that! [beep!] that!"

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

Comment

I loke how they dubbed in The Big Lebowski so that when Walter is smashing the car he is screaming something like, "WHEN YOU FIND (smash) A STRANGER (smash) IN THE ALPS..."

A little random, huh?

Comment

Funny, I remember 20 years ago that there was far more "censorship" on T.V. than there is today. Far less profanity was tolerated, less skin was shown, bodies weren't blown to bits and bullets didn't take off 1/2 of a person's skull, and with the exception of a few shows, people weren't screwing everyone else in every episode.

If anything the rules have been relaxed in the last 20 years. The FCC lately has been enforcing the rules (which have been on the books forever) but not creating new regulations as to what may or may not be shown or said on T.V. Also remember there are different standards for broadcast/network stations (CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.), cable channels, and premium channels such as HBO.

Comment

It doesn't matter much to me how it has been in the last 20 years, what matters to me is TV right now, and on TV now there is A LOT of pointless censorship that doesn't do anything exept make the program annoying.

Comment

I was babysitting and the girl I was babysitting was watching "The Parent Trap" on the Disney Channel (the newer one with Lindsay Lohan) they totally took out the scene where Hallie pierces Annies ears. That made parts confusing.

Yeah...Kids are going to run around piercing eachothers ears..yeah right.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                        October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Oh please, cutting out part of the movie because a girl gets here ears peirced? The parent trap is rated PG, this is an example of going to far with censorship, its pretty sad when you need to edit out a PG movie... Kids aren't going to get their ears periced because of a silly little movie, and if they do, so what, its not the end of the world, lots of girls have their ears peirced by 1st grade anyway.

Comment

Ahhh Disney sucks anyway (hope I dont get sued.), most of there movies are stolen ideas.
                            -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                            X