Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gocaps16
    replied
    Most military pilots in the U.S are the same way before 9/11....they would join the air force or navy to be trained to fly for no cost, just sign a contract that they have your ass for 6 years...fly, fly, fly, log hours and gain experience and then once your time is done, get out and apply with the airlines..the best way to do it, if your eyes are good enough and are phyiscally fit, they'll accept ya no matter what....right now, with pilots being furloughed in the airline industry 'cept for ExpressJet since they're hiring mad right now, pilots in the military are now staying in...which is smart move. You should make it a career since you're still young and decide 20 years later if you want to fly with the airlines.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    I think the RAF has picked up on the fact that a lot join, then leave ASAP for commercial!

Leave a comment:

• wj_737_200
    replied
    I've choosen my career...now where'd I put my whip, orange ball gag and my gimp?? =P Seriously though i'm planning to go into the Canadian air reserves this year (yes, despite what you've heard canada DOES have an air force and get a little bit more money to train in a jumbo jet....okay it's a cessna 150 but it works don't it.

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Katamarino
    Minimum sign-up is 12 years. I think they're wise to the 'sign-up for training and then go to the airlines' trick
    12 years?! I think the USAF minimum is 7 or 9. The RAF must really like its pilots!

Leave a comment:

• atco
    replied
    Should we read anything into the fact that your username on another site no longer exists, or is that just coincidence?

For someone who made a lot of noise on his departure, you've reappeared with a bit of a whimper Jeff, I'm terribly disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Just wishing someone good luck. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Leave a comment:

• atco
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    Good luck with that Kat.

Jeff

A return to "Brand X", what a turn up

Leave a comment:

• Foxtrot
    replied
    Re:

Congrats! All the best in your career.

Happy Flying!

Leave a comment:

• b777
    replied
    Congrats! I am so envious! C-17s all the way!

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Minimum sign-up is 12 years. I think they're wise to the 'sign-up for training and then go to the airlines' trick

Leave a comment:

• pbateson
    replied
    There is many female pliots fly BA?

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    Originally posted by Katamarino
    And they pay for my training too
    how long before you quit and go on to BA?? but all the very best to you, you go girl!

and where you been, long time no see online!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Welcome Back Jeff

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Your welcome! I thought you would have preferred the Navy, but you'll do well in the Air Force.

v/r
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Jeff!!!!

Thankyou, it means a lot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X