Discovery channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACman
    Its a pitition to limit/less the motorcylce programs and home inprovment and bring back wicked shows like mayday and flightpath and others. If your not a Canadian, sign it anyway
    Mayday will be on Sunday at 8pmEST on the Discovery channel

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
      Mayday will be on Sunday at 8pmEST on the Discovery channel
      Anyone know what diasters?
      -Kevin

Comment

Yeah .. they showed a preview, but I cant remember now. *digs around a bit*

"Blow Out"
        Within minutes of takeoff, the windshield of British Airways Flight 111 blows off, sucking the captain out of the plane; the copilot lands the aircraft against all odds; novel methods uncover the cause of the disaster.

and

"A Wounded Bird"
        Shortly after takeoff, one of four propellers on Flight ASA 529 fails; crew and passengers survive the crash, but lives are lost in a raging fire as people make their escape; investigators determine that corrosion caused the failure.

I found the listings for the upcoming episodes here.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
          "Blow Out"
          Within minutes of takeoff, the windshield of British Airways Flight 111 blows off, sucking the captain out of the plane; the copilot lands the aircraft against all odds; novel methods uncover the cause of the disaster.
          Is this TV show made up, or real life? Cause I can't find anything about this anywhere on the net!
          I walked across an empty land
          I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
          I felt the earth beneath my feet
          Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
            Is this TV show made up, or real life? Cause I can't find anything about this anywhere on the net!
            Jess this is on Discovery Channel Canada. exn.ca and cineflix is the producer of Mayday.
            -Kevin

Comment

Sorry, I meant are the INCIDENTS made up or real life, not the show itself!
              I walked across an empty land
              I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
              I felt the earth beneath my feet
              Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                Sorry, I meant are the INCIDENTS made up or real life, not the show itself!
                The incidents are real. Previous episodes have included Swissair flight 111, ASA flight 529, the Air Transat A330 that lost both engines over the Atlantic, the American MD-80 that crashed on approach to LIT, and the Air France A300 that was hijacked in Algiers.

The episode he is referring to is an incredible episode; I have seen it many times. The window blows out of the Bac-111, sucking the captain halfway out and pinning him on the roof of the aircraft. The FAs hold on to his legs until the copilot lands the aircraft and the captain amazingly survives the ordeal. Be sure to tune in if you can...

I just finished watching "One Wing Flight" about ASA flight 529 about 10 minutes ago. What a tragedy...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Yeah, they had the captain-out-of-window episode on the Air Emergency marathon too a few days back. Hands down the best episode they showed that day.
                  "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                  X