Stop Torturing Us...Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Torturing Us...Please!

Ashlee Simpson...singer, performer, musician, model? None of these apply. View the website and sign the petition.

www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Finally some people are taking a stand. After her incident on SNL and the booing at the Orange Bowl, make us still wonder whether she really is anything.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Ugh she sucks ... finally.
      www.acairport.com

Comment

Ah yes...the talentless slug...darling of the recording industry.
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Stop Torturing Us...Please!

Originally posted by pullin4u
          Probably only because she gives out free BJ's .

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
            The worldwide talentless slugs .... about here, 99 % of the performers should be banned and kept away from recording studios .

Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Im for it, but if we told people who use machines to improve there voice not to, then we would have very little bands and singers.
              -Kevin

Comment

Im not against people using a machine to alter their voice, but if they can do it on a CD they can do it live.

Red Hot CHilli Peppers are great live, it sounds so similar to the album.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  Im for it, but if we told people who use machines to improve there voice not to, then we would have very little bands and singers.
                  @Acman: Wow, I've heard plenty of bands and singers on stage who sound just fine without any machine alterations to their voices.
                  ---
                  The problem is that the recording industry drives what IT thinks should be the "in" music- what IT wants to be popular, NOT what bands the people really like. All it takes is for the radio to start playing this junk and suddenly people think they like it, or because it gets so much airplay people think it is popular.
                  A good case in point would be how when Nirvana "broke out" of the Seattle scene all the record companies suddenly started dropping promotions on the metal bands...basically left them for dead. Sure, they had record contracts and stuff, but how many albums are you going to sell when your label leaves you for dead?
                  Suddenly all the lablels wanted their own "Nirvanas" and the "grunge" movement gained momentum. It wasn't that people didn't like the metal anymore, it was that the record companies made it inaccessible and dried it up by not signing new bands and/or contract with existing bands.
                  Another example would be the "boy band" craze in the 90's. One band or group has some success, and all the other lables suddenly have to follow suit.
                  Of course, I could have imagined all of this in the past 20 years...
                  George R. Widener
                  Oshkosh, WI USA
                  Aircraft Photos Here
                  Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Her and that ugly bimbo of a sister... both should be strung up and shot!

Kidding... they both are talentless monkies though.
                    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                      Im not against people using a machine to alter their voice, but if they can do it on a CD they can do it live.

Red Hot CHilli Peppers are great live, it sounds so similar to the album.
                      One of the great things about seeing a band live though is the chance to hear a slightly different version of the song- something not run through the studio machines.
                      I recall seeing Rush live around 1989 or so on eh "Hold Your Fire" tour, and they sounded EXACTLY like the album- it was scary. I figure that was due to one of two things...
                      a) the band is so good in the studio that they don't do much editing or changing of the music there, hence the same sound live
                      b) the band used machines to alter the sound of their music while playing live

I'm not knocking Rush, I tend to agree with the first option- as I have been to more than one of their shows and have had the same opinion of the show.
                      Another really good band to see live, at least in the 80's, was Tesla. A great show with very good musicianship and sound.
                      My favorite show I attended, though, was a L.A. Guns show at Milwaukee's Summerfest. Severe storms moved in and most of the crowd left...those of us who remained (probably about 100) crowded the stage. The band kept playing until the sheriff literally pulled the plug on their power and a nearby lightning strike blew up an amp with a power surge. Incredible. And all through it the band kept going...hollering at us about how much they appreciated us staying around and that this was for us and all...
                      A great deal of respect for them due to that...

Ah well. Stories.
                      George R. Widener
                      Oshkosh, WI USA
                      Aircraft Photos Here
                      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Working...
                      X