UND Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND Committee

My brother didn't quite meet his admission requirements to get into UND, so they sent his application to the UND Admissions Committee to review and then they'll make a decision about accepting him or not. His high school GPA is like 2.3 and he got a 21 on his ACT. Do you think the committee will accept him? He sent a nice cover letter with it too, telling UND that his brother (me) attends UND currently, and his uncle was a UND graduate. I really hope they accept him. I want him to go to school with me, it would be pretty sweet to fly with him and stuff. Like you guys really care about my brother's issue, but what do you think? Do you think he'll get accepted? Do committees generally accept more people then they turn down?

Off topic, but I have a question;

Is it true that junior year in high school matters most than your other years in high school for colleges? Like will they look mostly at how you did junior year as opposed to freshman and sophmore when looking at an application?

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
      Off topic, but I have a question;

Is it true that junior year in high school matters most than your other years in high school for colleges? Like will they look mostly at how you did junior year as opposed to freshman and sophmore when looking at an application?
      Well in one way it is. Most people take the SAT's and/or ACT in their Junior year. Junior year is going to be the last year most colleges will see in terms of grades, however some want to see your grades after you graduate.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Here, I did a little research and see that your brother is a little below the requirements

According to:

Mean ACT composite: 22.9
        Average high school GPA: 3.38
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Paul, Junior + Senior year matter. Which incidentally is good for me.

Comment

Hard to say but less likely because he is missing 2 auto admissions requirements, that being a 22 ACT and a 2.5 HS gpa. Based on the fact is is -2, i dont know. They may put him on academic probabtion and not let him fly for a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
              Here, I did a little research and see that your brother is a little below the requirements

According to:

Mean ACT composite: 22.9
              Average high school GPA: 3.38
              Right, but UND's requirements say that the student must have had a 22 on their ACT and a 2.5 GPA, for automatic admission. And my brother falls just short of those requirements. I just wanna know about how prone committees are to accepting students.

Comment

You posted right after me, so there is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
                  telling UND that his brother (me) attends UND currently
                  you do? We should meet up for coffee or something sometime. I dunno much about the committee thing though. I had a 3.3 and a 1070 on the SATs...not that it answers any of your questions Send me a PM sometime letting me know when you're free and I'll buy you a coffee at stomping grounds or tabulas. I live off campus now but most of the day I spend at my home away from home (the union) in the little internet cafe near stomping grounds.

Comment

Yeah for sure, we'll go grab some coffee sometime, I'm a freshman this year, in case you wanted to know. I'll PM you in the next week or so-

Comment

Hey, if you guys want, I'll join ya, I'd like to meet someone other than Emu from these boards. Lemme know if you guys go.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96
                        Hey, if you guys want, I'll join ya, I'd like to meet someone other than Emu from these boards.
                        fine, I see how it is, emu's not good enough for you. You should be greatful that you were allowed to meet me You know how much I wanted to room with my roomie from my first year here, but instead I let you move in

Comment

Working...
                        X