House Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Prices

How much do houses cost on average where you live?

In the county of Surrey in England, where I live the average house costs £312,670 (approx $600,000 or €442,000). That is about 23 times my salary BEFORE taxes and national insurance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...l/county89.stm
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Wow, $600,000?!?!?

Average home price in Columbus is around $175,000.
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
      Wow, $600,000?!?!?

Average home price in Columbus is around $175,000.
      Yes, but Surrey is very expensive, almost the same as London which is the most expensive place to live.

In my borough (Reigate & Banstead) the average flat is around £166,000 but a former council flat can cost from about £100,000 ($190,000 or €140,000) but that is not going to be very nice at all.

Comment

Its a bit cheaper up north! Where I'm from, Blackburn, Lancashire (England), the average is around the £100,000 mark ($185,000 or €145,000). For that, you can expect a 3 bedroomed semi. Its more expensive out of town though, still nowhere near the expense of Surrey for the equivelent property.

Darren

Comment

Here in the Paris civilized aereas, prices are just getting
          -ridiculously
          -outrageously
          -Malibu and London like

EXPENSIVE

A studio in some parts of Paris can fetch 150,000 Euros+

Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
            Dont start me on house prices mark, i'm currently looking for a new place to live and im finding it really annoying because everything is so Mo Fo Expensive...
            Ah but you're living in Creepy Crawley, the nastiest town in the whole of West Sussex! I am currently writing this at work in Crawley though... Still Crawley is still expensive to buy a house, although the cheapest place round Gatwick.

Comment

Here in the Atlanta area, the typical new home is between $150,000-$175,000. Some older homes intown run that much and we're talking about little tiny 2 bedroom 1 bathroom bungalows built in the 1920s and 1930s. There are some older neighborhoods intown where some of the home values have tripled in value over the last 5-7 years. Since the late 1970s, people have been buying up old homes in what were then less-than-desirable neighborhoods for $25,000-$50,000 or so, and after renovations, these homes are worth upwards of $75,000 or more (and those values keep on growing). Back during the 1970s, the Inman Park area had a number of homes bought by the state for a highway project that was later toned down to short parkway. Those homes were torn down, and over the last five years, the state started selling many of the smaller pockets of parcels they bought (The main piece of land they owned they transferred to the City of Atlanta, who turned it into a park. The price of the land alone is well over $100,000 an acre in this area. Some homes have been built that fit in with the neighborhood, and the larger tracts were picked up by developers and San Francisco and New York style townhomes have been build on those sites (Many of these run $200,000+). A lot of older industrial and office buildings have been turned into lofts, many of which start at around $125,000 for a 500 square foot studio loft, and there are even lofts going for upwards of $750,000. There are a number of new build lofts as well, and the prices are in line with the conversions.

Comment

Not much, our house in Taupo has probably tripled in value since we moved out 11 years ago.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Here in the San Jose, CA. area the average cost for a modest new home is $500,000-$600,000.

Comment

Westchester County - Approx $500,000-$750,000 for 2500 sq ft home
                    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Average cost for a 2000+ square foot home here in Watertown, NY is probably around $70,000. Most expensive house ever sold in the city was $450,000 and that had marble floors, a two story library, a stained glass skylight, etc...
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

My house is 2100 sq ft, opposite side of a lake and close to stuff, so for me its 255,000 for my house, but some around here average 75,000(HICK houses) to about 750,000 for houses in the north end.
                        -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                          Average cost for a 2000+ square foot home here in Watertown, NY is probably around $70,000. Most expensive house ever sold in the city was $450,000 and that had marble floors, a two story library, a stained glass skylight, etc...
                          Wow! That's so cheap! How many square ft. was that $450,000 house?
                          - The baby will be back -

Comment

Here in Kanata, our 2800 sq ft house is $300,000+.
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                              Wow! That's so cheap! How many square ft. was that $450,000 house?
                              At least 2800 square feet. Pretty big and located in a nice neighborhood. I guess cheap housing prices are what you get for living in the middle of nowhere...
                              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X