No announcement yet.

House Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houses on my street are going for 1.2 million dollars and there not mansions. My house, which is only a three-bedroom ranch with 1.5 baths was appraised at $650,000. In general house prices on Long Island start at $450,000 anything less is crap. Just a word of advice when you buy a house, buy for the area.

Comment

In the Seattle area, It is around $300,000. IN my specific neighborhood the average is about $750,000.
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

In LIT, you could get a new house for about $250,000, but that's probably at the cheapest.
        Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
        ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

on nantucket the median is $577,500, but id say the avrage is MUCH higher(around 1m for the new houses... hell, even my parents combind property is probably worth around 1.5m, and we live in nantuckets equivelent of a "not a nice naighberhood"...) granted my parents moved here in the 70's and bought the land for dirt cheep, and these prices are inflated by the likes of dennis kozlowski, but still, its insane
          ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Hmm...Over here the houses run ffrom $400,000-$1,000,000 (the huge "toll brother" houses) This place is resonable. It has alot of open space, and stores a couple minutes away. We just got a house here (chester county, PA) and its been about a year now.
            ***My Blog***

Comment

In Williamsburg, there are about 30 or so subdivisions with different priced homes. In the average subdivisons with modest sized homes, new they range from about $200,000 up to $500,000. In the gated communities (Like Kingsmill, where the LPGA Michelob Open is held) houses range from $400,000 to upwards of 8 million. Williamsburg is expensive.
              GO SIOUX

Comment

My 2200 sq ft detached bi-level was $205,000... but the average price of a home in Calgary is around $225,000 now and growing rapidly every year.

As it's been mentioned, it always depends where you buy. An little old house closer to downtown will run you $300K or more... lots of factors when you look at real estate pricing.
                My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Back to Paris area, got a magazine filled with ads. Trends are typical, ie the most sought after areas, the more expensive you are up to pay, even in the former industrial area crowning the northern arch of Paris.
                  - Bondy,
                  house, 2/3 bedrooms, used, funny !!! I felt an anvil dropping on my head after converting the Euros into Bucks $231,000 !
                  - Pavillons Sous Bois
                  (yes I know another locale where affluent expats and trendies won't flock to )
                  appt in a condo $152,000 !
                  house 3/4 bedrooms $344,000
                  - Livry Gargan
                  nice stately house in excellent district 6 main rooms $412,000
                  Some nice deals are still possible around CDG at Sevran and Trenblay where some 6 roomer in safe neighborhoods are in regular supply at less than what's on offer at either Pavillons or Livry-Gargan ($244,000), but you absolutely need your own wheels !!!
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

In Charleston, it depends. Houses downtown, even in the not so nice areas are expensive. I live just oustide of downtown...so its a lot different. In the suburbs, I'd say a 2,0000 square foot house would cost $200,000+. Downtown, that same house would cost $1,100,000+.

Comment

My wife & I are home shopping in north Dallas. Homes in that area are 150-200K for a house 1600-2500sq.ft built after 1990.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
                        Wow, $600,000?!?!?

Average home price in Columbus is around $175,000.
                        In Parkland, Florida, average price is $600,000-$1,000,000. Tons are priced higher and rarely are any priced below.

Those houses aren't small, but they aren't huge huge HUGE. Our house today is worth about $600,000-$700,000. We bought it for $300,000.... 9 years ago O.O

The houses that are huge huge HUGE (well there are tons of those also ), well those are over a million. My friend's family makes tons of money (his dad does, he's in law) and their house is the biggest house I've ever been in in my entire life, so it was expensive

Comment

Working...
                        X