No announcement yet.

31 US Marines Killed in Chopper Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of these men died for our freedom and to keep the U.S. safe.
    Yea, I'm sure Iraq was quite a threat with the phantom WMD's. And we are so free that "national security" is used as an excuse for creating all kinds of asinine rules because someone wants to feel like they have power and detaining people indefinitely in Guantanamo and other places without charging them because of a "suspicion"

Shame that so many people have died in this dead end war...

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
      Shame that so many people have died in this dead end war...
      About the most stupid thing I have heard in a long time. I'll leave you to figure it out on your own if you can.

Comment

Let me remind some of you this post isn't about was it right or wrong to invade Iraq. None of these Marines took it upon themselves to invade Iraq, none on them dictated U.S foreign policy, they followed their orders and died following those orders. They died for the ideals and beliefs of this country that all people should live free. So cut BS and pay these men and women the respect they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
          Let me remind some of you this post isn't about was it right or wrong to invade Iraq. None of these Marines took it upon themselves to invade Iraq, none on them dictated U.S foreign policy, they followed their orders and died following those orders. They died for the ideals and beliefs of this country that all people should live free. So cut BS and pay these men and women the respect they deserve.
          I pay them respect, and I mourn their deaths. I have tears for the soldiers and only scorn for their leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
            I pay them respect, and I mourn their deaths. I have tears for the soldiers and only scorn for their leaders.
            My feelings exactly.
            YBBN - James

Comment

Yea, I'm sure Iraq was quite a threat with the phantom WMD's. And we are so free that "national security" is used as an excuse for creating all kinds of asinine rules because someone wants to feel like they have power and detaining people indefinitely in Guantanamo and other places without charging them because of a "suspicion"

Would you rather another 9/11 happen? We are fighting the terrorists in Iraq so that we don't have to fight them in our own country.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                Would you rather another 9/11 happen? We are fighting the terrorists in Iraq so that we don't have to fight them in our own country.
                Im sure they would prefer to just not fight.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Well if it weren't for invading Iraq, then there wouldn't be any terrorists there. So the US basically created the problem, and caused even more people around the world to dislike Americans. After 9/11 everyone was offering support, but since the US acted like an ass to the rest of the world with Iraq, many people dislike us now.

And stop asking the 9/11 question.... it's really getting old. You ask it every time.

Comment

Im sure they would prefer to just not fight.
                    Have you asked them? The vast majority of soldiers believe that what we are doing in Iraq is the right thing, regardless of the WMDs.

Well if it weren't for invading Iraq, then there wouldn't be any terrorists there. So the US basically created the problem, and caused even more people around the world to dislike Americans. After 9/11 everyone was offering support, but since the US acted like an ass to the rest of the world with Iraq, many people dislike us now.
                    Riiight. Ever hear of Al-Zarqawi? The lead terrorist in Iraq right now? He was there even before we invaded plotting terrorist attacks and working on chemical weapons.

And stop asking the 9/11 question.... it's really getting old. You ask it every time.
                    Old? It's the reason we're fighting this war. In case you forgot, we were attacked, and 3,000 of our people were killed. Clinton showed you what you would get after 8 years of doing nothing, and we aren't going to make that mistake again.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Old? It's the reason we're fighting this war. In case you forgot, we were attacked, and 3,000 of our people were killed. Clinton showed you what you would get after 8 years of doing nothing, and we aren't going to make that mistake again.
                      You were not attacked by Iraq. You were attacked by Osama bin Laden. Saddam Hussein and bin Laden hated each others guts. This war is not being fought because of 9-11. That was the war with Afghanistan.

And yes, Clinton did show us what we would get after 8 years...one of the strongest economies America has ever had, just to be nulled and overturned by this president.
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Well said! My sentiments exactly.
                        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Bush had a year before 9/11 and he didn't do fuck all. He spent more time at his ranch in Texas then looking into the mounting intelligence that was starting to signal an attack was imminent... (Clinton did the same though )

Osama was from Afghanistan, and a Saudi. There is no connection between Al-Qaeda and Iraq. Even if Saddam would have been willing to sell a bomb to Al-Qaeda...he didn't have one...and couldn't have had one any time soon...so far we havnt found ANY weapons that could have been feasibly used against us. Because there are none.

Al-Qaeda is still living...Osama is still working...somewhere in western pakistan near the border...and he will strike us again...unfortunatley.

Comment

You were not attacked by Iraq. You were attacked by Osama bin Laden. Saddam Hussein and bin Laden hated each others guts. This war is not being fought because of 9-11. That was the war with Afghanistan.
                            It doesn't matter the nationalities of the hijackers, the point was that Saddam supported terrorism. The insurgency in Iraq now consists of many foreign-born terrorists that are going into the country to fight against the Americans. It's better to kill the terrorists over there than to have to worry about them fighting against us over here.

And yes, Clinton did show us what we would get after 8 years...one of the strongest economies America has ever had, just to be nulled and overturned by this president.
                            Would you rather have a strong economy or 3,000 of your citizens killed in a terrorist attack that would cripple the airline industry?

I believe that mistakes were made leading up to the invasion of Iraq, but there is no turning back now. We are there until that country becomes stable, and that could be a long time...

Comment

Bush had a year before 9/11 and he didn't do fuck all. He spent more time at his ranch in Texas then looking into the mounting intelligence that was starting to signal an attack was imminent... (Clinton did the same though )
                              Yes, both Bush and Clinton made mistakes. But at least now we are fighting back. Who cares if it is against the wrong country?

Comment

Yes, both Bush and Clinton made mistakes. But at least now we are fighting back. Who cares if it is against the wrong country?
                                I dont agree with that either but...I'm gonna stop discussing this in here and try and keep this thread about the soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X