When does a baby have a soul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does a baby have a soul?

We were talking about abortion today in class and the pros and cons etc etc. and some argued it was killing a baby regardless if its a mass of cells or a body and etc etc. Well i had thought of something on the religious side, so if your religius especially on the christian side, im curious to hear your thoughts. when a baby is made, at what point does it have a soul? in the begining when its a mass of cells? when its born? when its fully done (9th month)? or when? All of us cannot remember past maybe 2 or 3 yrs of age. we especially do not remember being born or living up to the age of 1 even though we had a soul. im curious as to when you think a baby is given a soul?

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

I belive you have to earn it.

And on the abortion side, I am for it. Yes for it.
    Heres why:

If someone gets raped, if someone gets pregnate then cant support a baby let alone them selves, if a teen get pregnate and her life is at stake if she has the baby, what is there to do?

I belive there should be a comprimise. All depends on the situation.
    -Kevin

Comment

I believe there is no way for us humans to decide when and where anything has a soul, if at all. I dont believe in abortion though except for extreme circumstances (rape, or the mother will die as a result of the birth) but that's it. If you're gonna have sex, be prepared to deal with all possible outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        I believe there is no way for us humans to decide when and where anything has a soul, if at all. I dont believe in abortion though except for extreme circumstances (rape, or the mother will die as a result of the birth) but that's it. If you're gonna have sex, be prepared to deal with all possible outcomes.
        Emu, thats exactly what i was trying to say.
        -Kevin

Comment

this will get ugly................................

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
            this will get ugly................................
            Amen
            -Kevin

Comment

it will if Ignorant people start fighting about a rather insignificant matter which can be debated peacefully.
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Thanks for response, i ony mentioned abortion so you could see where the question was coming from. I DO NOT want to discuss abortion at all, I know it gets really ugly. So do not talk about abortion and simply state when a baby has a soul, because obviousluy we have to have it at some point to do the things we do.
                Alex

Comment

Frankly, I don't think anyone can seriously answer that question.
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't say "soul"...it's too religious of a word for me.

Here's my situation: I'm 15 and I've pretty much formed my opinions on stuff already like religion and some politicial issues discussed in school. I'm sick and tired of hearing abortion this abortion that (in school and CCD that is). I believe that one the child is ABLE to breath by itself (pre-mature babies can most times, but I do find it should be saved if the parents want it if it's too pre-mature and needs to be on ventilators). If the woman doesn't want it, she shouldn't have to have it. Now this doesn't mean we should all be out getting laid and not caring. My parents make me go to church. Do I want to? No. Do I pull a fit and get pissed when she says "Lets go"? Yes. I do not like being forced to do things that I do not want to do. At the moment, all I really feel like caring about is school, flying, cars, and girls.

So I would say 7months+ for the actual answer to the question. However, in cases of rape, etc, it should be up to the mother. Oh and it's not the father's choice, it's not growing in him.

Certain girls in my school like to debate the issue at times, and they pretty much say the same thing I do...I agree with them also. I find it ironic that the girls are pro-abortion and the men are anti-abortion.

Comment

A fetus doesn't have a soul. Babies do. Therefore, a human has a soul at birth, and not a moment sooner.

Comment

How are you so sure that a fetus doesn't have a soul?
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I am totally against abortion for the mere use of birth control. Abortion especially in the later trimesters is simply disturbing. I do believe abortion should be legal and used as medically needed when a woman’s life is in danger or the fetus does not stand a chance of living a healthy life.

As for a soul, I believe ever living thing has a soul

Comment

Does the AIDS virus have a soul? It's a living thing. We should protect AIDS too.

On a serious note, you asked a religious question. Go ask your priest...
                            YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by YBBN
                              Does the AIDS virus have a soul? It's a living thing. We should protect AIDS too.

On a serious note, you asked a religious question. Go ask your priest...
                              a living thing is considered being able to breathe etc etc

I wont ask my priest , I was curious for those who believe we have a soul when do they think a baby actually has something to deliver to heaven. Thanks for not arguing or anything folks, keep it civl, and we shall all be happy
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X