Liverpool makes bid for first legal prostitution zone in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool makes bid for first legal prostitution zone in UK

Liverpool has approved plans to set up a red light district to allow legal prostitution.

The plan, supported overwhelmingly by the city council, must now be submitted to the Home Office for approval.

"The council has voted with an overwhelming majority to approach the Home Office with our plans," a council spokeswoman said.

"It is now up to the Home Office to decide if we can have the UK's first official managed zone."

The proposed red light zone would follow the model used in the Dutch city of Utrecht, where prostitutes can ply their trade only at night, in an industrial area of the inner city and away from homes and operating businesses.

It would be easily accessible by car and public transport, and have ample parking.

The plan also includes security measures including police patrols, closed-circuit cameras, a health and welfare centre and controlled entrances and exits to ensure only sex workers and their clients used the area.

Liverpool councillors did not decide which area of their city would be designated as a vice zone, although two were proposed by researchers from the Liverpool John Moores University.

Councillor Flo Clucas said the plan was intended to make prostitutes safer at work and at the same time "to offer them all the support and help necessary to get out of the sex trade".

A spokesman from the Home Office in London said they were looking into possible "managed zones" of prostitution, but said it would require new legislation to make them legal.

"Any change to the law would be subject to the usual parliamentary process, with the usual thorough debate and scrutiny," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_050127093146
    - The baby will be back -

I lived in the UK for a few years in the late 80s and seen the women from Liverpool, ain't happening! Besides, I rather give my cash a hard working American gal. Euro chicks just do not do it for me anyways, they cop too much of an additude

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
      I lived in the UK for a few years in the late 80s and seen the women from Liverpool, ain't happening! Besides, I rather give my cash a hard working American gal. Euro chicks just do not do it for me anyways, they cop too much of an additude

Aldo
      Holland has some of the most laid back women I have ever conversed with...

Comment

NZ let prostitution become leagal ages ago.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
          They have to be cool and laid back. If they get bitchy and piss off their man, he may very well go out and f-ck some wh-re!
          Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
          lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
            They have to be cool and laid back. If they get bitchy and piss off their man, he may very well go out and f-ck some wh-re!
            Haha...I dunno about that...paying for it and getting for free are two different things

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              Surely you mean "some of the most laid women...."?
              Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije
                Surely you mean "some of the most laid women...."?
                HAHAHA Thats hilarious!!

well i know where im flying for my next vacation any cheap flights to the UK??

Alex
                Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99

Aldo

You should go more often to some parts of FLA and CA !!!

Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                  X