Man peed way out of avalanche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Good he was ok, so now this can be a funny story

Comment

Damn, I should have done that to get the 1/2 inch of ice that was on my windshield and back window of my car today.....

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
        Damn, I should have done that to get the 1/2 inch of ice that was on my windshield and back window of my car today.....
        You mean p!ssing on your own car?!? Ewww .

-Colin

Comment

I wouldn't mind pissing on my car in life threatening situations...and life threatening varies from place to place. Hell, msot Atlantans can't even drive on .25 inches of snow...

Comment

So i guess this isn't suprising,

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/01/2....ap/index.html
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Taken around 11 am this morning:

By 3 pm, when I finally decided to clear the ice on my car, it got a little thicker and was a pain in the ass to clear off.

Comment

By 3 pm, when I finally decided to clear the ice on my car, it got a little thicker and was a pain in the ass to clear off.

daaaaaaaaaang, where are you located? thats insane ice

Next Flights -
                3/31/05 - SWA 2226- OAK/TUS
                4/2/05 - SWA 995 - TUS/OAK
                7/4/05 - UAL 346 - SFO/SEA
                7/11/05 - UAL 631 - SEA/SFO

Comment

Yea, srbmod...our cars looked like that too. Most of its going away now in southern Gwinnett County, but i think some rain came by and refroze whatever was melting.

TO the guy that lives in Fremont, California... srbmod (and I) live in Atlanta, GA. THis is highly irregular and amusing for kids around here.

Comment

Time to break out the torch
                    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

This puts a whole new meaning to "melting a little snow"
                      -Kevin

Comment

From those snow storm pics and these ice pics I can tell that garages aren't a big thing in America, eh?
                        Will F.
                        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

man, atlanta eh? so does that mean there is a shitload of black ice out there??? that stuff is scary...

Next Flights -
                          3/31/05 - SWA 2226- OAK/TUS
                          4/2/05 - SWA 995 - TUS/OAK
                          7/4/05 - UAL 346 - SFO/SEA
                          7/11/05 - UAL 631 - SEA/SFO

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                            From those snow storm pics and these ice pics I can tell that garages aren't a big thing in America, eh?
                            Well, personally, both our cars are always in the garage, unless we have taken them somewhere (obviously)...

However, many people use their garage as a storeroom, and leave their cars parked on the driveway.
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

thsi is fuckine bullshit I ahd 14 tonight and IA"Sim sit faceddddd so 60 acans't be possibl.e
                              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                              X