Icicle Formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icicle Formation

Some nice icicle formations on the front of our house. I can proudly say that we have the biggest icicles in the neighborhood.
    (picture taken with an Olympus C-720)

-Tanuj.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

So that's what an icicle looks like...I guess its never been cold enough for me to see one!

Comment

Wow, those are some icicles. I would hate to see someone lose an eyes with one of those!!!
      SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

daaaaaaaaaaaammmn....................

Comment

holy smokes!!!! I see you have the C720... I have the C725. How is it?
          Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

jeez those are long

Comment

ya, here we got some about 3/4 the length of that, but that thing is just amazingly large!!!
              ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Originally posted by swaphx99
                Wow, those are some icicles. I would hate to see someone lose an eyes with one of those!!!
                That's why we don't stand under them with open eyes (or even closed for that matter)

Originally posted by fly1346
                I see you have the C720... I have the C725. How is it?
                It's good for everyday photography, bad for aviation photography. There is significant shutter lag and there are also focus hunting problems.

-Tanuj.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Last year we actually had an icicle about that size fall off the roof and break one of our windows (not sure exactly how that happened).

They are pretty dangerous, though. Couple of weeks ago we actually had some firefighters injured while responding to a minor fire when large chunks of ice fell onto them.
                  Nice pic!
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I think I'm going to break them off now...thinking about it, they are kinda cool...but dangerous too.

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                      I think I'm going to break them off now...thinking about it, they are kinda cool...but dangerous too.
                      Just don't stand under them when you break them off.
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Tanuj? Tanuj? SPeak to us Tanuj!
                        I walked across an empty land
                        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                        I felt the earth beneath my feet
                        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                          Tanuj? Tanuj? SPeak to us Tanuj!
                          Hehe...I'm right here...the icicle fell off itself this morning (actually it sort of broke three quarters of the way up). It's a pretty solid thing.

Comment

Hey Tanuj

Nice picture, but you got there 3 Damocles' swords.

Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                              Hey Tanuj

Nice picture, but you got there 3 Damocles' swords.

Alain
                              Haha...thankfully none of them fell on anybody...the temperature rose today and they're all melted.

Comment

Working...
                              X