No announcement yet.

Do you Ski or Snowboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kinds of slopes do you have around you? I have a small place called Glen Eden about 20 mins away, and then some of the larger ones up North. Also, last year I went to Whislter, B.C
    Thanks,
    Michael

Comment

For you single guys, pretty much every girl on the slopes looks good because she's wearing sunglasses & a puffy coat. You won't see any fatties on the mountain.

A pic I took while skiing:
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
        What kinds of slopes do you have around you? I have a small place called Glen Eden about 20 mins away, and then some of the larger ones up North. Also, last year I went to Whislter, B.C
        The ski mountains closest to me are all about an hour away, theres not much skiing in mass, but in nearby NH there is, vermot has good skiing to, same with maine. The mountains I go to are about medium size. Nothing like vail! Haven't been there in ages but I'm going in a few weeks! UA 757 BOS-DEN-EGE direct flight!
        Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
          Neither. I don't see the point.
          Hmmm Greg ... what a BS (and no, BS doesn't stand for bullshit)
          www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
            The ski mountains closest to me are all about an hour away, theres not much skiing in mass, but in nearby NH there is, vermot has good skiing to, same with maine. The mountains I go to are about medium size. Nothing like vail! Haven't been there in ages but I'm going in a few weeks! UA 757 BOS-DEN-EGE direct flight!
            Ever been to Killington, in Vermont? Its awsome, my 2nd fav.
            Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

I do both, though I'm better at skiing
              Christian Vlček Sullivan | Through The Fence Photography
              Forever New Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                Hmmm Greg ... what a BS (and no, BS doesn't stand for bullshit)

Comment

I used to ski all the time when I lived in Northern BC. We had one of the finest hills in the region (Ski Smithers) and it was all of 20 mins from my parent's driveway to the bottom of the chairlift. I miss that convenience alot!

I always skiied well.. the snowboard was always trickier, simply because I'm not used to having both feet strapped to the same board... it's kind of an unnerving feeling in a way...
                  My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                    I do both, though I'm better at skiing
                    Where do you ski/board?
                    Thanks,
                    Michael

Comment

I snowboard about every 2 weeks and I've been doing it for about 4 years now. Just got back today from Massanutten resort in Western VA.
                      GO SIOUX

Comment

I ski...was part of my school's Ski Club for the past two years, but quit this year because my Post-Secondary (college while in HS) schedule wouldn't allow it- the class I wanted was on Wednesday nights & I had no choice.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

I haven't gone skiing in 8 years. For about 5 years in the 1990s, I was going once a year up to North Carolina to do some skiing. The last year I went, 1996, was the year that I discovered my knees were beginning to have some issues. I've thought about going again, but I don't think my knees could take it. I tried snowboarding the last time I went skiing, but got tired of going 10-20 feet and falling.

Comment

Snowboard like a madman.

Bear Mtn, Mammoth, Tahoe, and Snow Summit.

Comment

Ski,

Wentworth and Martock.
                              -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                                Maybe it stands for Big Sissy
                                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                                X