Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch hope test will curb Muslim immigrants

Published February 5, 2005

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- The Netherlands plans to make Third World people seeking residency pass a test to show they know the language and culture.

The exam will require 350 hours of study and cost $468, the Telegraph said Saturday.

A video, designed to capture Dutch life, will be sent to applicants' home countries and feature such activities as a homosexual wedding and topless women sunbathing.

The new policy is aimed at curbing the Netherlands' increasingly violent and growing number of Muslim immigrants, now about 6 percent of the nation's 16 million people.

The language test will be taken by telephone.

- The baby will be back -

Originally posted by babypurin
    A video, designed to capture Dutch life, will be sent to applicants' home countries and feature....topless women sunbathing.
    http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.ph...5-022211-1285r

Where do I apply for Dutch citizenship!? I want the video!

Mike
    Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
    lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
      Where do I apply for Dutch citizenship!? I want the video!

Mike
      lol

Comment

And my advice to the Netherlands -- well, good luck with that! ...

Comment

no offence to people from third world countrys, but they're too lazy too learn the dutch language, they want the best for their kids, good job, everything, and at home, they speak their own language, no wonder they suck at school....and then they go complaining at the school's principal.....oh well......just my $0.02
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
            no offence to people from third world countrys, but they're too lazy too learn the dutch language

Give me a break. What experience do you have to back up a statement like that?
            YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by YBBN

Give me a break. What experience do you have to back up a statement like that?
              the experience that i'm dutch
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

That still does not qualify you to judge a large percentage of the earth's population.
                YBBN - James

Comment

no, but i'm just giving my opinion which doesnt seem to count.....
                  - Metzgermeister

Comment

Isn't that you are half german?
                    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by YBBN
                      That still does not qualify you to judge a large percentage of the earth's population.
                      but gives US (I'm dutch as well), the right to judge the people who want to start a life here. Less then one procent of the immigrants (can't give you the source for this, sorry) speak proper dutch. Quite important if you live here don't you think?

Comment

Speaking as an immigrant to the US, I kinda get why the parents don't want to learn another language. My mom can't speak English with an american accent and we've been here for 13 years! Of course, she's a housewife, so that may have something to do with it... but my father still has this wierd quasi-Indian, quasi-American accent thats just hard to finger.

But my sister and I speak very good (American) English with the American accent etc. We probably speak better English than many Americans, looking at it... at least we don't say y'all or something stupid like that...

But Holland shouldn't kerb specifically Muslim people...that's just wrong. All immigration is a little wrong too, but sometimes I can see what would justify it. But for those that do move : Learn the language and assimilate in public!

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
                          Isn't that you are half german?
                          no only 25%....but i know how it goes here........back on-topic
                          - Metzgermeister

Comment

What the Dutch are doing is nothing new, at times the U.S has changed it immigration policy toward certain cultures making it harder for one and easy for another. I do agree though that anyone immigrating to another country should learn the langue and be able to speak it before be granted citizenship.

Comment

Working...
                            X