The Aviator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aviator

Have any of you seen the movie? Is it any good and does it have any thing to really do with aviation?

Looks excellent, cant wait to see it
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I have seen it and it is my favorite movie in a very very very very long time. It is the movie that Hollywood is saying "look, aviation buffs, we are sorry for all the crappy mistakes we make in other movies regarding aviation.". This movie does make up for them, IMO. I recomend it to ANYONE who reads this board.
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

It's a chick flick, but I've heard it's alright.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

The Aviator a chick flick?!!!??? what's your definition of a chick flick?

I've seen it, it was ok, Leo was good, but found it rather boring.

Comment

I saw it and it's certainly not a chick flick, trust me I took my GF. I really liked it, def one to pick up on DVD when it comes out.

Comment

Alright then, I'm gonna get out and watch it too.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I loved the movie. It was really interesting and had great shots and a great storyline. Its the 2nd best avation movie I ever saw. The first being AIRPLANE!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

want to see it. looks awesome

Comment

Personally I found it kinda boring. I'll admit that the facts were were very accurate but it was very long and dragged out. Considering I'm pretty into aviation and I found it boring I couldnt imagine someone who isn't into aviation enjoying it.
                    P.S. my girlfriend fell asleep about 2 hours in cause she thought it was incredibly boring.

Just my opinion though.

Dave

Comment

Did not regret any second, was well worth the 5 Euros I spent for buying the ticket. Was set to see it sooner or later, Scorcese is one of my favourite directors and De Caprio has well matured.
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Its a little too long. But its a pretty cool and accurate movie. Doesn't come close to the Right Stuff though.
                        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                        X