Anyone been to Kauai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Kauai?

I am heading there in March, and I was wondering if anyone has been there. If you have, whats fun to do? I am going during spring break
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

I have been, in October 2003. Beautiful island, quiet and very laid back. There are not a lot of party places and this island is typically a honeymooners island. There is one main road that ends at each end of the Napli Shore. On one side, the is a beautiful beach with snorkeling and lots of scenery, and the other coast, guess what, more beach.

Seeing that 90% of the island is inaccessible by car, the best way to see it is by helicopter.

I will post a few picture when I get home.

Enjoy.
    SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

That would be great. I really want to take a helicopter tour I wont be partying, as it is a family vacation. I cant wait to go boogieboarding.

Comment

I have been there years ago. Beautiful Island and if you want to do some hiking on the coast line I can only recommend it. The scenery is great!
        Remember some nice, deserted beaches as well...
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Its a heck of a switch from cold snowy Alaska. How you gettin there Alec?

Comment

Originally posted by kcmh
            Its a heck of a switch from cold snowy Alaska. How you gettin there Alec?
            Complicated series of events:
            AS734 JNU-SEA
            ASMD-80 SEA-LAX
            over night
            AA752 LAX-LIH

then reverse on the way back

I was really hoping for a wide body

Comment

Yes, I lived in Hawaii for 2 years (although I was too young to remember it). I am going again this summer for week and a half, already have everything worked out. Really looking forward to it; the flight over will be my longest so far, even longer than my previous hope across the pond!

Enjoy your trip!
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I went to Ohau this summer, been to Maui a while ago. You will love it! Honolulu ROCKS!!!!
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
                  Complicated series of events:
                  AS734 JNU-SEA
                  ASMD-80 SEA-LAX
                  over night
                  AA752 LAX-LIH

then reverse on the way back

I was really hoping for a wide body
                  Don't they fly widebodys to LIH?

BTW, have fun!
                  Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                    Don't they fly widebodys to LIH?

BTW, have fun!
                    Sadly they dont I will have fun

Comment

No widebodies in Lihue, at least from what I saw...

Was there for only about 6 hours last May.. Hawaiian 717 in, UA 752 out. In what was perhaps my most interesting takeoff ever, we went out on rwy 4 on the UA 752 with no airport lighting. Apparently the tower closes at 10pm, and frequently pilots don't know how to operate the PCL at LIH, according to an ATA Captain I know who flies in there regularly. Needless to say, departing off a totally dark runway out over the dark ocean was a very eerie feeling!
                      Trump is an idiot!
                      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                        No widebodies in Lihue, at least from what I saw...

Was there for only about 6 hours last May.. Hawaiian 717 in, UA 752 out. In what was perhaps my most interesting takeoff ever, we went out on rwy 4 on the UA 752 with no airport lighting. Apparently the tower closes at 10pm, and frequently pilots don't know how to operate the PCL at LIH, according to an ATA Captain I know who flies in there regularly. Needless to say, departing off a totally dark runway out over the dark ocean was a very eerie feeling!
                        Sounds like it will be fun then I think we depart at night or evening

Comment

When I went, I flew a 767-300?, maybe 200, but pretty sure a -300 from PHX to HNL and the a 717 to LIH. Great flight, mainly a friendly crew, but on the return, the cabin stewart refused to turn the lights off during the 5.5 hour OVERNIGHT flight home. Oh well

Anyway, as promised, pictures.

All these pictures were taken before I went to digital, Canon 7E.

My wife and I went to the beach everymorning for the sunrise!!

A waterfall only accessible by hiking or horseback. This is near Princeville.

Na Pali from the helicopter tour.

I thought I had more on the computer, but I don't. If you want more, I will digitize some more and send them to you, just private message me.

Enjoy!!
                          SET LOVE FREE!!

Comment

Working...
                          X