Camera phones suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera phones suck

Was out and around near my mom's today about 90 minutes north and wanted to take some pictures, but of course didn't have my camera...

These pictures just go to show how much I realized camera phones really really really really really suck...

This is a view of the Freehold Transportation Center as seen from Broad St. Passenger rail service ended here about 40 years ago, but it still serve's as Monmouth County's largest bus terminal, with departures every 10-30 minutes, 24/7, to New York City and Lakewood, NJ, and hourly departures to other major cities in NJ.

A closer view of the terminal.

That guy unwillingly "posed" for this "picture" ... The warmer weather allowed some people to walk, and the bus terminal is pretty empty.

The Asbury Park Express bus arrives 30 minutes late ... I think it's a bus, but the picture is too sucky to tell.

This is by far the worst one ... this is the Howell (South Freehold) Transportation Center.

Now that we all see how dreadful camera phones are, I have a question; is there such thing as a good camera phone? If not, what is the point of this crap?? (This was the first time I used the camera on the phone ... I thought maybe it'd at least be a quarter decent).
    www.acairport.com

as far as cameraphones go that appears to be pretty nice, still camera phones are useless...if I want to take pictures I will take my camera, if I want to talk on the phone I will use my phone.

Comment

They put a camera in it to make you buy it and buy their service so that they can make money. Of course they suck, but people will pay for it because it is "cool". Most of the people that have cell phones don't need them, they just have them because everyone else does and they like to feel important, for example, why do kids in highschool need cell phones, they aren't doing any important business or anything, but they get on them as soon as the bell rings and talk constantly. Me not being one the people that do that. I could see why a cell phone might be needed for emergencies or if you need to call for a ride or something. But it isn't necessary for people to babble on all the time, and have cameras and crap in them.

Anyways aren't the camera phones something like less than 1mp and the lens is made out of plastic

*no offence to any cell phone addicts that may be present*

Comment

Hey, for a phone, i'd say those are pretty good. I can tell what your taking pictures of.

And just wait like, 6 months, they'll have a 5 megapixel 8x zoom crammed into a phone for $1500 bucks.

And they'll advertise it.."And you can talk on it too!"

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96
          Hey, for a phone, i'd say those are pretty good. I can tell what your taking pictures of.

And just wait like, 6 months, they'll have a 5 megapixel 8x zoom crammed into a phone for $1500 bucks.

And they'll advertise it.."And you can talk on it too!"
          Hahaha ... I can see that one coming.

Well hey, look at what Verizon is developing now ... V-Cast (TV on your cell phone). How ... poinless
          www.acairport.com

Comment

Depends on the quality of the camera on your phone. Mine is very clear. But a lot of them suck.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Not bad for a phone mate.
              you know camera phone only has a few years history?

Comment

The Motorola v400/600 have pretty clear cameras. Half decent if you can't keep still as well. I wouldn't think anyone takes such cameras very seriously though. They are great for 'Look at that!' moments though when you wouldn't normally have a real camera with you.

I use mine to email pictures to people for various reasons. For $5 a month, I can send 25 pictures a month.

A friend sent me some pictures from taiwan regarding some electronics I had asked for, sent a picture to make sure it was exactly what I wanted.

As a novelty, the better ones work quite well.

Comment

A 'phone is for voice communication, a camera is for taking photo's! If you look at any technology that has been amalgomated, you get a bit of each and seldom get good quality. I'll stick to using my phone to talk to someone and my camera for taking photo's! As has already been mentioned, camera phones are just a marketing ploy to make you spend more money, although they do have their use providing you are only looking at the pictures on small screens.

Darren
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Why I did not rushed on this one ... by just remembering the Nokia communicator which poised itself as both a phone and a notebook It proved quickly to be both a bad phone and a bad computer !!!
                    To date, I am still skeptic about cell-phone with intergrated camera.
                    For one, unless you get some classified technology in the camera, the phone/camera, (especially if avialable as almost giveaways), will have a quality similar to the Kodak Instanmatic or a then competing Polaroid
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                      Why I did not rushed on this one ... by just remembering the Nokia communicator which poised itself as both a phone and a notebook It proved quickly to be both a bad phone and a bad computer !!!
                      Reminds me of the Nokia nGage as well. It looked great on paper, but sucked in reality.

Originally posted by uy707
                      the phone/camera, (especially if avialable as almost giveaways), will have a quality similar to the Kodak Instanmatic or a then competing Polaroid
                      Yeah, I've noticed alot of the phones that are given away for free with a plan have some pretty bad features over the phone itself. Even some of the phones suck. Good phones with bad reception.

Comment

Camera phones come in handy, especially video phones, when something halarious happens. Most people dont carry a camcorder everywhere, but they always have their phones. I used my phone to get some hella funny videos. Its good to have one because you never know what your gonna see.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                        X