New England Could Get 20 Inches of Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New England Could Get 20 Inches of Snow

The Boston area and other parts of New England were warned Wednesday to expect a storm that could dump up to 20 inches of snow in some places by early Friday.

The same storm was already bringing snow to the Ohio Valley and Great Lakes regions. Up to 3 inches were forecast for the area.

The National Weather Service issued the New England winter storm warning Wednesday morning, saying it includes western, central and interior northeast Massachusetts as well as southwest New Hampshire.

Rain forecast for Wednesday was expected to change to snow late Wednesday night. Some 2 to 5 inches should accumulate by by daybreak Thursday.

Snow will fall heavily at times Thursday and Thursday evening, the weather service added.

"By the time the snow ends late Thursday night or early Friday, total accumulations will range from 6 to 12 inches in the Mass Pike region of southwest and south central Massachusetts, to as much as 10 to 20 inches in northern Massachusetts and southwest New Hampshire," the warning stated.

Boston was expecting up to a foot of snow.

The weather service said travel would probably be difficult Thursday, with gusty north winds creating blowing and drifting snow with poor visibility.

The front will be the first major storm in February. Boston had more snow in January than in any month since weather records have been kept.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

20 inches? Bah, up here we call that a 'dusting'.
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

f*ck, not again... maby well have the "first and second" blizzards of '05
      ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

I'm not complaining, some teachers say that school might be closed.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

White Juan II

Not like anyone knows what im talking about. Hurricane Juan, we named the huge blizzard we had white juan.
          -Kevin

Comment

I wanna come visit
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
                I wanna come visit
                You like snow dont you!
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  The Boston area and other parts of New England were warned Wednesday to expect a storm that could dump up to 20 inches of snow in some places by early Friday.

The weather service said travel would probably be difficult Thursday, with gusty north winds creating blowing and drifting snow with poor visibility.
                  I guess if I have a late departure outta MHT tomarrow, I'm not going home!

Comment

... Only expecting rain here.
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

I'm confused, everybody says lots of snow tonight and the weather man says rain starting in the morning and changing into snow at around noon, then we only get about 2-4 inches.
                      Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                        You like snow dont you!
                        I snow
                        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Pete Ganabathi
                          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Guess it's a good time to be gettin' the hell outta here...

Comment

Wanna get away? Southwest has flights leaving Baltimore starting at just $39.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X