FedEx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx

Okay, I've read many user reviews on many online stores and, although it doesn't matter on the store for this issue, I just want to know something.

I've read in reviews that people paid for 7-10 day shipping but got their item in 4 days. Well I paid for 2-3 day shipping and this is the story: My item was bought on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, and it arrived here at 6:00AM on Wednesday. Now, FedEx decided not to deliver it and just let it sit in their sorting place or warehouse or whatever that place is until today when they'll deliver it. Now, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering why people who paid for 7-10 day shipping got their item earlier, but when I paid for 2-3 day shipping which is ever more money, I didn't get it earlier.. Is it just because it's how FedEx works, or what?

Just something I noticed

As a former FedEx Express customer service agent I used to get this complaint alot...

If you are talking about FedEx Express they have two delivery cycles a day...the morning deliveries are strictly for the priority overnight packages that have to be delivered by 8am, 1030am or 12noon depending on delivery location...the afternoon delivery cycles, when the drivers arent as rushed and time constrained are when the standard deliveries are made. You may still get the delivery today...

Also packages with that days delivery date get first priority and later day deliveries go out on a stand by basis...If the courier on your route got hit with alot of packages for an earlier date then it is less likely that your package will get delivered early.

FedEx Ground, I have no idea how they operate, I was never involved in their operation...

Comment

I work/worked as a temp for FedEx Home Delivery over the holiday peak period. FedEx Home Delivery is sort of a spin off of FedEx Ground. They try to have all of the residential deliveries handled by Home Delivery and the commercial ones by Ground. The trucks that show up at the Home Delivery warehouse are the same "FedEx Ground" ones though. Ground has a higher average number of packages per stop, and they have a lot of pickups whereas Home Delivery is almost 100% dropoffs only.

The way Home Delivery works is very simple. The packages get sorted off the truck down a belt and onto pallets by route. Then the contractor scans them onto his or her van or truck and off they go for the day. The Ground and Home Delivery drivers are independant contractors. They lease or finance their own van or truck. They are paid (in general) on a per package basis. I've heard the ones with the better routes can make decent money, actually.

Mike
      Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
      lp.org

Comment

I understand now

Comment

Not to mention if it got there at 6am, it was in most places too late for the days delivery, let alone packages that have higher priority, if you notice the trucks typically leave the warehouse for a days delivery's at 5:30am

Comment

if you notice the trucks typically leave the warehouse for a days delivery's at 5:30am
            Well no, I don't generally notice that

It doesn't matter to me anymore, I have about 1 hour left of charging the battery and then I can try out my new camera!

Comment

Working...
            X