• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 On "Eyesore Of The Month" Website

He seems to be a bit negative concerning Airbus, and their Workers/Staff

That guys is a dumbass...
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Employees at the European Airbus factory celebrate while unveiling the new A380 super-jumbo jetliner. This illustrates how poorly our whole society understands the obvious trends staring them in the face -- from the lumpen-workers on the factory floor to the burnished CEOs in the executive suites. As the world descends down the flight path of oil depletion, aviation will become far less of a mass consumer activity than it has been in recent decades. Soon, in fact, flying will once again become the preserve of the ultra-wealthy elite. The 'legacy' airlines are within a few years of going out of business. The last thing the world needs now are mega-gigantic airplanes designed for a hyper-mass market.
      Screw off you hippy moron. A380 is progress. Get over yourself. Maybe if he did some reasearch he would find out how much less fuel per passanger the A380 burns than, say an A300. Get real, get a life, and get the hell off the internet!
      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

As the world descends down the flight path of oil depletion, aviation will become far less of a mass consumer activity than it has been in recent decades. Soon, in fact, flying will once again become the preserve of the ultra-wealthy elite.
        I do agree with him on that. Nothing else.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

aviation will become far less of a mass consumer activity than it has been in recent decades. Soon, in fact, flying will once again become the preserve of the ultra-wealthy elite. The 'legacy' airlines are within a few years of going out of business
          That sounds like BS. If the 'legacy' airlines go out of business, then what would be left are the likes of Southwest, jetBlue, etc. And I don't see too many very rich people flying those, so unless all airlines go out of business, and then rich people only have their corporate/private jets, his theory is not correct. And if he thinks that 'normal' people won’t fly, how the hell does he think people will travel. Does he think that we are going to go back to ocean liners and stage coaches

The only problem there might be is the depletion of oil reserves. But this would be the cause of automobiles and other things that use fossil fuels too. Not just aviation. I do think that alternative energy sources need to be developed for things like automobiles, trains, ships, etc and save fossil fuels for aviation but eventually there will have to be another way to power everything because oil will run out.

Comment

Paul, if there's no oil (and soon there's gonna be none), a plane can't fly. Nor can a car run, or a ship sail (except sailboats), or whatever. If stagecoaches and horse-buggies are the only other option available, then people might have to use them.

BUT, hybrid cars have already been developed, so thankfully we won't have to go as far as using stagecoaches again. Alternative sources for energy as far as cars go have already been tapped. Unfortunately, the same has not happened for aircraft. We don't see too many battery powered or solar powered commercial aircraft flying around.

As the quantity of oil steadily declines, and the demand for oil stays the same if not increases, the price for oil will also increase. The cost of air travel in turn will increase, and this is what will make it a "preserve of the ultra-wealthy elite" up until the oil runs out or alternative evnergy sources for aircraft are tapped.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              Paul, if there's no oil (and soon there's gonna be none), a plane can't fly. Nor can a car run, or a ship sail (except sailboats), or whatever. If stagecoaches and horse-buggies are the only other option available, then people might have to use them.
              Nixon told Americans that we would be out of oil in 1988. Before that, others said 1965. The bottom line is this, we will have pleanty of oil to take us at a reasonable price for several more decades AT LEAST. That is pleanty of time to delvelop other means of fuel. Keep your liberal socks on and you won't look like such a hippy twit.
              Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
              George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

BUT, hybrid cars have already been developed, so thankfully we won't have to go as far as using stagecoaches again. Alternative sources for energy as far as cars go have already been tapped. Unfortunately, the same has not happened for aircraft. We don't see too many battery powered or solar powered commercial aircraft flying around.

As the quantity of oil steadily declines, and the demand for oil stays the same if not increases, the price for oil will also increase. The cost of air travel in turn will increase, and this is what will make it a "preserve of the ultra-wealthy elite" up until the oil runs out or alternative evnergy sources for aircraft are tapped.
                I totally agree on the oil running out part, but what I disagreed on was the 'legacy' carriers going out of business, but not the LLC's (as he implied, when he said "The 'legacy' airlines are within a few years of going out of business".) But he didn't mention the LLC's. Since the "ultra-wealthy elite people" would proally have enough money to own their own corporate/private jets, and they expect all kinds of service that LLC's and airlines who only fly a few people around wont be able to provide (unless they are one of those private jet charters or something), by his thoery then all airlines would go out of business. But he says just legacy carriers will go out of business.

kinda understand what I mean now?

Comment

Paul, I understand, I agree with you on the LCC bit.

Originally posted by wannababe
                  Nixon told Americans that we would be out of oil in 1988. Before that, others said 1965. The bottom line is this, we will have pleanty of oil to take us at a reasonable price for several more decades AT LEAST. That is pleanty of time to delvelop other means of fuel. Keep your liberal socks on and you won't look like such a hippy twit.

Wannababe, are you a friggin moron? You seem to be wanting to pick fights with everybody on this forum? I'm not even going to take the time to respond to that utter trash you just posted.

Comment

Paul, I understand, I agree with you on the LCC bit.

Wannababe, are you a friggin moron? You seem to be wanting to pick fights with everybody on this forum? I'm not even going to take the time to respond to that utter trash you just posted.
                    I am simply saying that liberals have been saying "we are running out" for decades and we have yet to see even a dip in production. Have you ever stopped to think about that at all or do you just belive what the higher up liberals think? I don't want to pick fights, I want to provide an opposing, controversial view.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                      I am simply saying that liberals have been saying "we are running out" for decades and we have yet to see even a dip in production. Have you ever stopped to think about that at all or do you just belive what the higher up liberals think? I don't want to pick fights, I want to provide an opposing, controversial view.
                      I suppose you want to not pick fights and "provide an opposing, controversial view" by calling people "hippy twits"...

If you can't see that the world's oil resources are eventually going to run out, then quite frankly you're blind and oblivious to all that is around you. Nobody's saying they're gonna run out tomorrow. I'm no oil researcher, and neither are you, and it is for neither of us to speculate on when it will run out. Additionally, it is for neither of us to speculate on how much time is sufficient for the development of new energy sources. I am talking about the situation right now, which is - alternatives have been found for automobiles, but no suitable alternative source for energy has been found for aircraft.

I couldn't give a crap about what the liberals say and what the conservatives say. I was saying what I think. Keep your pants on and tone down your rhetoric!

Comment

Although alternative energy sources have been found for automobiles, they aren't being put into too many cars yet. Most cars still run on gas and this is the problem. Manufactuerers should start making more cars that run on these alternative energy sources.

If the use of fossil fuels was cut down from other uses and saved for aviation I think we would be better off, and there would be less pollution. And eventually a alternative fuel for aviation would be figured out.

But it seems as though the oil producers just want to sell as much oil as possible and don't really care that it's going to run out eventually

Comment

He's a A380 hater and a aviation hater. Thats why he put that in the "eyesore" section of his dumb website.
                          Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Looking back over some other "eyesores" he has posted, I have come to the conclusion that he is a retard with no taste. The Library in Seattle is AWESOME, not an eyesore. and that Museum in Isreal is also a work of art. I hope this person doesn't have kids, I would hate to pass those genes to the next generation to endure as this one is forced to do.

Comment

Im not sure this guy knows it or not, but he is rubbing people the wrong way.... Sure the A380 might be Huge and too big.... but in reality, I think massive superjumbos will SAVE gas in the long run.... I dont know the burn #'s projected, but Im sure that filling an A380, would be more efficient, than running 2 flights, just to match demand/capacity.and If that doesnt work atleast the airline can use 1 flight crew, instead of 2.... If anything, the consolodation factor alone will free up slots at major airports.... reducing pollution ( noise and smoke) while helping them get back on track towards on time arrivals/departures... ( less flights cramming in at a time) Maybe he just doesnt like Europe..... His Loss...

Comment

Working...
                              X