Playwright Arthur Miller Dies at 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playwright Arthur Miller Dies at 89

Arthur Miller, the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright whose most famous fictional creation, Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman," came to symbolize the American Dream gone awry, has died. He was 89.

Miller, who had been hailed as America's greatest living playwright, died Thursday night at his home in Roxbury of heart failure, his assistant, Julia Bolus, said Friday. His family was at his bedside, she said.

His plays, with their strong emphasis on family, morality and personal responsibility, spoke to the growing fragmentation of American society.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
    - The baby will be back -

I read "Death of a Salesman" last semester. Enjoyed it most thouroughly. Sorry to see Arthur Miller passing on..

Comment

read "the crucible"... wonderfull play, wonderful playwrite... sad to hear
      ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

I enjoyed the Crucible.

Is he the last of Marilyn Monroe's husbands to die?

Comment

I read "The Crucible" and liked it very much.. especially the parallels to the Red Scare of the 50's in the USA.

Comment

r.i.p.

i read the crucible last semester...it was alright

Next Flights -
            3/31/05 - SWA 2226- OAK/TUS
            4/2/05 - SWA 995 - TUS/OAK
            7/4/05 - UAL 346 - SFO/SEA
            7/11/05 - UAL 631 - SEA/SFO

Comment

Working...
            X