HNL Transit Full of It????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNL Transit Full of It????

Staying here for a couple of days, and noticed the bus to the airport leaves right out front of my hotel. Fine, so made inquiries, and find out you can not get on city buses with luggage!!! Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous. Me thinks the transit authority here is in cahouts with the limo, shuttle and taxi companies. I wonder if one could get on with bags of groceries or some other bulky item? Does anyone think this is a bravo sierra policy, especially given the traffic around here. you think they would like to encourage the use of public transit. I don't have much and I am tempted to put it all in shopping bags and then put it into my bag at the airport.
    ________
    Anime movie

I got on a bus on the way to the airport with my suitcase and the driver said I wasn't allowed to bring it on. I told him that I would try to make sure it stayed out of everybodys way and he reluctantly said ok. I slid it under the seat and didn't have a problem. On the way off the bus he told me "next time take a cab". WTF is the point of having a bus that goes to the airport if you can't bring luggage?

Comment

People work at the airport, too -- although here the buses to the airport don't even run 24 hours a day so if you have a late shift you're screwed.

Our airport buses have more luggage space, as do the ones in Heathrow. Interesting to see the odd F/A and pilot take the bus

Comment

They kicked my wife and I and our 3 month old daughter off because we had an umbrella stroller. We were going from the Holiday Inn to downtown.

There was a Hawaiian lady on the bus with one. He said only locals are allowed to do that. I phoned the bus company and they said "take a cab".

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
          They kicked my wife and I and our 3 month old daughter off because we had an umbrella stroller. We were going from the Holiday Inn to downtown.

There was a Hawaiian lady on the bus with one. He said only locals are allowed to do that. I phoned the bus company and they said "take a cab".
          What kind of BS is this bus line.

Comment

I hope the buses are better in Lihue. At least we will have a rental car for a portion of the trip
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I remember the Toronto Transit Commission having similar rules for rush hour services. They don't seem to any more though.

Comment

They are not full of it, they are realistic....people go on a one week vacation and pack their entire closet and then buy crap while there...I can totally understand their policy as it allows the bus to serve its purpose of transporting - people - from point a to point b not the old ladies luggage...considering you can get a shuttle from waikiki to the airport for only 5 dollars and takes less then half the time of the city bus from waikiki to thei airport there is no need to wrestle your luggage on the bus.

I rode the bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor and after leaving Waikiki before getting to HNL that bus was totally full with people, if anyone had had baggage it would have been a nightmare...

The stroller incident is totally different - unless if they allow umbrella strollers they are afraid that folks will start getting on with those strollers that are the size of mini coopers...but it should be across the board and locals not allowed either...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer
                  The stroller incident is totally different - unless if they allow umbrella strollers they are afraid that folks will start getting on with those strollers that are the size of mini coopers..
                  Some of those are rediculous. a year or two ago I got on a bus, and a few stops later a woman with a large stroller got on. No one behind her could get off the bus.

Large carriages are fine, but for public transit, just get a second cheap little thing!

Comment

Working...
                  X